PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Austin Football Soiree

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Austin Football Soiree

Postby AusTxPony » Thu May 09, 2024 10:54 am

Went to the gathering in Austin for HCRL, etc. Very well attended, lots of younger Mustangs. The move to the ACC has peaked interest for sure. Speeches by Rick Hart, Likens, Nady and Rhett who, when asked, was cautiously optimistic about the upcoming season. He said we should be "in" all our games and need to win the 4th Quarter to have a good record. Fun time and they brought the AAC Trophy with them. Nice.
AusTxPony
Hall of Famer

Re: Austin Football Soiree

Postby Lwmustang » Thu May 09, 2024 6:42 pm

When was this event? I live in Georgetown and surely would have attended. I never saw any notification of this on any board. I am a very long time member of the mustang club. I am also members of 247 SMU and on3 SMU. I never saw anything mentioned.
Lwmustang

Postby Lwmustang » Thu May 09, 2024 6:42 pm

When was this event? I live in Georgetown and surely would have attended. I never saw any notification of this on any board. I am a very long time member of the mustang club. I am also members of 247 SMU and on3 SMU. I never saw anything mentioned.
Lwmustang

Postby AusTxPony » Fri May 10, 2024 12:33 pm

It was Wednesday night. I received an invite by mail or email. Bet they just targeted Austin addresses. Their loss that you weren't included. Maybe write Rick Hart's office so that doesn't happen again.
AusTxPony
Hall of Famer

Austin Football Soiree

Postby mrydel » Fri May 10, 2024 2:36 pm

They should contact everyone in the MC. I will be in Austin this Tuesday. Had I been there last week I would have wanted to go also. It’s not like email stamps have had a recent price increase.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Lwmustang » Sat May 11, 2024 7:59 am

Thanks for the reply.. I am glad they are including Austin on their visit list. Hope to get to any future activities. My handle on the other boards is Gtownmustang.
Lwmustang

Postby mrydel » Sat May 11, 2024 8:56 am

I lived a few years in Georgetown. Was involved in the development of a few of the area subdivisions. Primarily Reata Trails and Seranada. Enjoyed my time there.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby AusTxPony » Sat May 11, 2024 11:31 am

Fun fact - they said the Austin turnout was bigger than Houston's. It was the most that I have been to here in Austin over the years (for Morris or Dykes). And so many young Mustangs. Good to see them get involved.
AusTxPony
Hall of Famer

Postby Vitale » Sun May 12, 2024 11:02 pm

Do they only do Austin and Houston? Do they have one for San Antonio, or any other cities?
Vitale
All-American

Return to Football