PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

TCU marketing in Houston

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: TCU marketing in Houston

Postby Oldmins » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:58 am

Bergermeister wrote:
mustangxc wrote:
Image001.jpg
SMU really needs step up its marketing efforts. In the past few years I've seen TCU billboards in Houston near the Woodlands off of I-45 and now this in the Houston Chronicle sports page!

That same ad was in 6-7 daily newspapers throughout the state. Somebody is on the ball.

Just a note--The same ad was also in the Omaha newspaper, the Chicago Tribune and the Los Angeles Times.
Oldmins
Varsity

Postby CalallenStang » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:53 pm

Oldmins wrote:
Bergermeister wrote:
mustangxc wrote:
Image001.jpg
SMU really needs step up its marketing efforts. In the past few years I've seen TCU billboards in Houston near the Woodlands off of I-45 and now this in the Houston Chronicle sports page!

That same ad was in 6-7 daily newspapers throughout the state. Somebody is on the ball.

Just a note--The same ad was also in the Omaha newspaper, the Chicago Tribune and the Los Angeles Times.

Yes but the difference with those is that no one cares about TCU in any of those cities.
CalallenStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Oldmins » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:54 pm

Just a note--The same ad was also in the Omaha newspaper, the Chicago Tribune and the Los Angeles Times.[/quote]

Yes but the difference with those is that no one cares about TCU in any of those cities.[/quote]

No they don't, do they? Approximately $15 million of the just announced $267 million TCU has raised in its most recent capital funds drive came from Chicago and environs. Some $7 million came from Southern California. Wish more cities cared that much about TCU (and SMU, too, for that matter.)
Oldmins
Varsity

Postby CalallenStang » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:18 pm

Oldmins wrote:Just a note--The same ad was also in the Omaha newspaper, the Chicago Tribune and the Los Angeles Times.

Yes but the difference with those is that no one cares about TCU in any of those cities.[/quote]

No they don't, do they? Approximately $15 million of the just announced $267 million TCU has raised in its most recent capital funds drive came from Chicago and environs. Some $7 million came from Southern California. Wish more cities cared that much about TCU (and SMU, too, for that matter.)[/quote]

That's really not that impressive when you consider how big (& wealthy) Chicagoland and SoCal are, though.

How long did that capital campaign take, by the way? $267 mil is pretty impressive. I'd assume that's over 2-3 years?
CalallenStang

Postby NickSMU17 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:09 pm

Chicago is still a SMU town...Our chicago area alum dwarf anything TCU alum can wish of donating...there are a couple board of trustee members up here and the alumni community is pretty strong....

However, with the recent deaths at the school, TCU is gaining....People in 2 very affluent towns are scared to send kids to SMU, it will pass, but they need to do some healing work up here...

It starts with June visiting Soldier field in a couple weeks...tossing the football around with coach should be a good time...
NickSMU17

Postby Oldmins » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:56 am

CalallenStang wrote:
Oldmins wrote:Just a note--The same ad was also in the Omaha newspaper, the Chicago Tribune and the Los Angeles Times.

Yes but the difference with those is that no one cares about TCU in any of those cities.

No they don't, do they? Approximately $15 million of the just announced $267 million TCU has raised in its most recent capital funds drive came from Chicago and environs. Some $7 million came from Southern California. Wish more cities cared that much about TCU (and SMU, too, for that matter.)[/quote]

That's really not that impressive when you consider how big (& wealthy) Chicagoland and SoCal are, though.

How long did that capital campaign take, by the way? $267 mil is pretty impressive. I'd assume that's over 2-3 years?[/quote]

The campaign still has two years to go. The $267 million is not near as large as SMU's current campaign, but it is, as you say, impressive.
Oldmins
Varsity

Postby CalallenStang » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:10 pm

Oldmins wrote:
CalallenStang wrote:

No they don't, do they? Approximately $15 million of the just announced $267 million TCU has raised in its most recent capital funds drive came from Chicago and environs. Some $7 million came from Southern California. Wish more cities cared that much about TCU (and SMU, too, for that matter.)

How long did that capital campaign take, by the way? $267 mil is pretty impressive. I'd assume that's over 2-3 years?[/quote]

The campaign still has two years to go. The $267 million is not near as large as SMU's current campaign, but it is, as you say, impressive.[/quote]

What's the eventual goal? I would think that with two years to go $400 mil would not be out of the question.
CalallenStang

Previous

Return to Football