PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

2011 BBVA Compass Bowl ticket sales

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: 2011 BBVA Compass Bowl ticket sales

Postby soccermom » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:22 pm

I'm just pretty much [deleted] for the sake of [deleted] now.[/quote]

I probably have done that once or twice (my husband's opinion doesn't count, of course!). Hope you feel better.
soccermom
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyscott » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:35 pm

Stlhockeyguy02 wrote:Again, I'm talking about simply buying tickets. According to Mr. Lifeson, we have SOLD about 700 of our allotment, no? It looks really bad to not sell anything and not have anyone go. It looks less really bad to sell all your tickets and not have anyone go. It looks least bad to sell all your tickets and have everyone go. I'm talking about simply purchasing tickets to help the numbers which is why I bought more than I need.

Clearly, we aren't going to wind up with the least bad. Unless some weird magic happens over the next week, we aren't going to wind up with the less really bad either, since we've sold about 700 tickets. Looks like we'll wind up with a most really bad, not selling any tickets, not having anyone going, and spending another Saturday as the butt end of jokes for hollow, bitter, lonely sportswriters in the blog-o-sphere.

I'm just pretty much [deleted] for the sake of [deleted] now.

I have talked to several fans that will just buy tickets at the game as they are plentiful, and cheap. There will be more fans there for SMU than the official ticket sales will say as there are always people that buy tickets to the games from other sources and don't think about buying the tickets from the Bowl allotment.
ponyscott
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyKai » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:17 pm

soccermom wrote:I'm just pretty much [deleted] for the sake of [deleted] now.

I probably have done that once or twice (my husband's opinion doesn't count, of course!). Hope you feel better.[/quote]

Ponyfans is cheap therapy. That, and addictive behavior usually won't cause your loved ones to have an intervention.
PonyKai

Postby SMU_Alumni11 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:27 pm

Not sure if this was mentioned or not, but SMU offered all the students free bowl tickets, hotel expenses, food and gas, and yet I doubt even 500 students show up. Also it will be all guys because my friends girl has to stay for sorority or pay them 200 bucks a day
SMU_Alumni11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby that's great raplh » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:41 pm

I'll be there but 94 bot my ticket

muffie benson perella

169 black horseshoes - Green Party Activist - I am the Greetest!

Now selling Hope at a price slightly higher than free...
that's great raplh

Re: Re: 2011 BBVA Compass Bowl ticket sales

Postby ReedFrawg » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:42 pm

I will be glad to change my plans and attend- STLhockey- just x-fer 5k to my bank account to cover the airfare and travel expenses. I am sure I am not the only one that can't make a trip to B'ham because of the distance and expenses involved. Glad we are in our 3rd bowl game.

GO PONIES!!

Redpony lives in Peru

Oh my bad Redpony! Add another 0 for airfare I guess :)
ReedFrawg
Heisman

Postby GiddyUp » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:16 am

smucarolina wrote:A Big Thank You to GiddyUp and smupony94!!!

Booked two hotel rooms in Birmingham for several friends. The tickets are in good hands.

Section 37 with everyone else!

Put in the mail today smucarolina
GiddyUp

Postby NY Pony » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:18 am

SMU_Alumni11 wrote:Not sure if this was mentioned or not, but SMU offered all the students free bowl tickets, hotel expenses, food and gas, and yet I doubt even 500 students show up. Also it will be all guys because my friends girl has to stay for sorority or pay them 200 bucks a day

To say that they offered this to all students is a flat out fallacy. They apparently offered it to a select few in an attempt to form a small group, a carload.
NY Pony
All-American

Postby coloradoStang » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:44 am

NY Pony wrote:
SMU_Alumni11 wrote:Not sure if this was mentioned or not, but SMU offered all the students free bowl tickets, hotel expenses, food and gas, and yet I doubt even 500 students show up. Also it will be all guys because my friends girl has to stay for sorority or pay them 200 bucks a day

To say that they offered this to all students is a flat out fallacy. They apparently offered it to a select few in an attempt to form a small group, a carload.

basically someone offered to pay for mustang 11's (the group who runs on the field painted up for those who don't know) trip but I guess we didn't have enough interest because I replied and then never heard anything else. Then there was an email sent to the students who attended the game at college station, and when I read it, the email seemed like it was an offer for one carload like you said. No idea if those two offers were related because mustang 11 was offered (and I guess said no thank you we don't have enough interest because I didn't hear anything else after the initial email to mustang 11) before the email to all the Texas A&M email was sent out.
coloradoStang
All-American

Postby SMU_Alumni11 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:09 am

NY Pony wrote:

I dont know my frat got an emails that was available to anyone in that group and same for my girlfriend and her friends. So I can assure you that if it was selected that the chances it hit both of us is rare and unlikely.
SMU_Alumni11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby coloradoStang » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:34 am

SMU_Alumni11 wrote:
NY Pony wrote:

I dont know my frat got an emails that was available to anyone in that group and same for my girlfriend and her friends. So I can assure you that if it was selected that the chances it hit both of us is rare and unlikely.

did yall go to the a&m game? because I thought it was from the email list of kids that bought rode the bus down there
coloradoStang
All-American

Postby SMU_Alumni11 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:39 am

coloradoStang wrote:
SMU_Alumni11 wrote:
NY Pony wrote:

did yall go to the a&m game? because I thought it was from the email list of kids that bought rode the bus down there

I went down with the buses with one28, but I know my frat bros didnt go with them. I have no idea, whats going on but its an awesome deal. It sure gave me no excuses.
SMU_Alumni11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyte » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:00 am

Rush is coming up and many students will be involved in Rush preparations. Still, looking forward to witnessing back to back SMU bowls for the first time for me.
ponyte

Postby NY Pony » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:10 pm

SMU_Alumni11 wrote:
coloradoStang wrote:
SMU_Alumni11 wrote:[quote="NY Pony"]

Then I have no idea why I don't know of anyone who got it. I am a current student, I traveled to A&M, TCU and Tulsa and always with the same group of guys. We are all also members of the Mustang Club, so it sounds like they were emailing the wrong students. It probably doesn't help that we went to A&M on our own, not with One28, but the Dixie Chicken on Friday night was unreal.
NY Pony
All-American

Postby smupony94 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:40 pm

The bowl tshirts are actually nice.
smupony94

PreviousNext

Return to Football