PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

The Jones Extension

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: The Jones Extension

Postby lwjr » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:29 am

But Stallion, while the supporters of the football program will pay for the coaches and I agree the school should not, I would believe the school, RGT, would have a big say in who ends up being the coach.
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Mustangsabu » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:54 am

Stallion wrote:SMU will not-and should not pay a head coach 2-3 Million per year from its own funds. This hire will tell us much more about whether SMU alumni big pockets have the stomach to keep paying the price tag for big time college football. They are floating this boat. It was expected that hiring these expensive head coaches would lead to substantially more revenue-that means season tickets and related revenue from the rest of us. Is June Jones' performance more disappointing or is the alumni's performance more disappointing to these guys? We'll get exactly the athletic department our alumni can afford and that's exactly the way it should be at a small, private school

Could not agree more.
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Treadway21 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:39 am

But you still have to have a product to sell. Attendance and season tickets are way up in basketball cause the product is good. The same cannot be said about football and the fan base is as stagnant as the team.

You cannot force alumni to come, they need to have a reason to come. And it doesn't matter how much the CoC chipped in. The excitement was there in June first few years, but leveled off as the team failed to continue to progress.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Postby Grant Carter » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:01 pm

A lot of debate on this thread, but 5 pages later no one has disputed that it was a handsome young man who asked the question that led to the overhead. I will take that as a compliment.
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby East Coast Mustang » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:03 pm

Grant Carter wrote:A lot of debate on this thread, but 5 pages later no one has disputed that it was a handsome young man who asked the question that led to the overhead. I will take that as a compliment.

I heard the guy that asked the question was a total [deleted]
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby Grant Carter » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:03 pm

East Coast Mustang wrote:
Grant Carter wrote:A lot of debate on this thread, but 5 pages later no one has disputed that it was a handsome young man who asked the question that led to the overhead. I will take that as a compliment.

Quite possibly, but that is a separate issue.
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby ponyinNC » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:45 pm

Grant Carter wrote:

:lol:
ponyinNC
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby peruna11 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:05 pm

Grant Carter wrote:

:lol: but still handsome :lol: :lol:
peruna11
All-American

Previous

Return to Football