PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

National TV, zero fans in the camera view...

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: National TV, zero fans in the camera view...

Postby SMUer » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:40 am

knuckleup wrote:All this constant continual negativity...just gets so old. Do you seriously have nothing positive to say about this team. Whatever your opinion is of the coach, the only impact you are having is negative about our fan-base and school and your only audience reading your constant negativity is the players, fans and prospective recruits...give it a rest, your story is old. We get it...empty seat...whatever. You hate the coach...whatever. These seniors deserve better. I will be there supporting their efforts.

I fully expect the haters and cynics to continue to bash, they can't help themselves....they are just unhappy people. Not one cent of the coaches salary was deducted from my paycheck. My jersey doesn't have coach jones name on the back, I support the player and so should you.

Okay, I'll turn this into something constructive. Let's not look embarrassing on TV and rely on ESPN for making excuses for us...let's all ignore our SMU instructions and sit on the east side anyway. Make Ford look full and give a nod to our fans' resilience on national tv! Who's with me?

Nobody? Because you like to put up with what you are told to do (even if it makes SMU look bad) and you don't mind ESPN having to remind viewers that there isn't really zero fans, they just are all on the other side, and there aren't that many because it was really hard to go to the game today. No, because you butt will get cold because it wasn't de-iced fully, but standing and cheering over there would help our presentation. I'm not a bad or a necessarily a negative fan, I just want SMU playing to its potential and being presented in the best light.
SMUer
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby BigT3x » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:51 am

knuckleup wrote:All this constant continual negativity...just gets so old. Do you seriously have nothing positive to say about this team. Whatever your opinion is of the coach, the only impact you are having is negative about our fan-base and school and your only audience reading your constant negativity is the players, fans and prospective recruits...give it a rest, your story is old. We get it...empty seat...whatever. You hate the coach...whatever. These seniors deserve better. I will be there supporting their efforts.

I fully expect the haters and cynics to continue to bash, they can't help themselves....they are just unhappy people. Not one cent of the coaches salary was deducted from my paycheck. My jersey doesn't have coach jones name on the back, I support the player and so should you.

You're like those hacks who said we couldn't criticize the President back in the Bush years because we have to support the troops. Wrong then, wrong now. I support the players. I don't support the coach. Two different things. You're the only one pretending like they're related.
BigT3x
All-American

Postby knuckleup » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:49 am

Well there you go....you simply just can't help yourselves. Being negative and a cynic are in your DNA.

Stupid analogy think tank. I would hardly draw comparison between our arm forces facing death and our young men playing football...I simply don't see the correlation.

I will stay with my thoughts... The players deserve supportive fans that show up and cheer them on, and
I fully expect the haters and cynics to continue to bash, they can't help themselves....they are just unhappy people.
knuckleup
Junior Varsity

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:56 am

98 miles down the road in Waco, they will be setting an attendance record. And yes, I'm aware of the different situation.
ALEX LIFESON

Postby ponyinNC » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:58 am

When people present valid arguments, knuckle up seems to make things personal.

Knuckle up- These posters are happy people in general- just not happy with regard to SMU football and the decisions made by those in charge of the program. That's a big difference.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
ponyinNC
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby knuckleup » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:38 am

There is nothing personal about this. Just years of reviewing negative posts on this sight. If i were a recruit or parent of a recruit I would discourage my child from attending SMU. This site and the lack of fans at the game don't bode well for recruiting. I seldom see valid arguments...generally just hate post. Their cynicism lacks any humor as you intimated.

Either way, I will be there in support of the boys.
knuckleup
Junior Varsity

Postby CenTXpony » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:16 am

knuckleup wrote:There is nothing personal about this. Just years of reviewing negative posts on this sight. If i were a recruit or parent of a recruit I would discourage my child from attending SMU. This site and the lack of fans at the game don't bode well for recruiting. I seldom see valid arguments...generally just hate post. Their cynicism lacks any humor as you intimated.

Either way, I will be there in support of the boys.

Right. SMU is the only school with cynical fans... have you ever read any of the other schools message boards???
CenTXpony
Heisman

Postby SMUer » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:54 am

Right...it always looks like we have very few fans on TV because we designed the stadium where the TV cameras point towards least populated side. You are also right, it looks terrible to potential recruits and their parents. Today we have an opportunity to impress thousands of potential recruits and college football plans (not just the handful that may click around on here) because we are condensing all of our seating to just one side...only we chose the wrong side. Instead of recruits tuning in to a hardy, heavily bundled group of hardcore fans (which are truly there), well show those recruits empty stands and make sure the announcers tell them that the fans are there, you just can't see them during game play. It's a missed opportunity to impress and IMO much more damaging than mean or sarcastic comments by posters who recruits think of as nobodies, positive or negative.
SMUer

Postby Three Putt » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:58 pm

Don't get so upset. Nobody's watching. Most TV's are tuned to OU -OSU.
Three Putt
Junior Varsity

Postby knuckleup » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:58 pm

SMUer wrote:Right...it always looks like we have very few fans on TV because we designed the stadium where the TV cameras point towards least populated side. You are also right, it looks terrible to potential recruits and their parents. Today we have an opportunity to impress thousands of potential recruits and college football plans (not just the handful that may click around on here) because we are condensing all of our seating to just one side...only we chose the wrong side. Instead of recruits tuning in to a hardy, heavily bundled group of hardcore fans (which are truly there), well show those recruits empty stands and make sure the announcers tell them that the fans are there, you just can't see them during game play. It's a missed opportunity to impress and IMO much more damaging than mean or sarcastic comments by posters who recruits think of as nobodies, positive or negative.

Well alrighty then. Do you feel better now?
knuckleup
Junior Varsity

Postby SMUer » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:04 pm

I did!
SMUer

Postby Balatro Diabolus Ex » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:22 pm

SMUer wrote:[ No, because you butt will get cold because it wasn't de-iced fully, but standing and cheering over there would help our presentation. .

Since they didnt actually de-ice any of the seats, I guess it wouldnt have mattered much.
Balatro Diabolus Ex
All-American

Postby mr. pony » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:38 pm

ALEX LIFESON wrote:98 miles down the road in Waco, they will be setting an attendance record. And yes, I'm aware of the different situation.

Same temp or colder!
mr. pony
PonyFans.com Legend

Previous

Return to Football