PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

The UNT game is not the barometer; this program stinks

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

The UNT game is not the barometer; this program stinks

Postby B1GPonyFan » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:05 am

If the fate of a regime in its 7th year is determining that the North Texas game (I really don't care what kind of team UNT has -- those clowns can all play guitars with Edie "I'm punching you out Paul Simon" Brickel for all I care) will decide how this season is going to go....

...then you need to ask yourselves -- and more importantly the program and athletic department has to ask itself -- why SMU needs to look at this game in this capacity.

In theory, the Baylor game should have been a means to determine where SMU was in the grand scheme of college football. That's not the trajectory of where you should be in year 7.

If they lose in Denton, I'd do what Pat Haden did to Lane Kiffin after USC lost at Arizona State or what Texas did to DC Manny Diaz after the BYU debacle. If they lose to UNT, I would fire June and tell him we'll deal with your settlement later -- or in court. Hell, they could fire him for breech of contract for causing...what's the lawyer term...pain and emotional distress....and just move on.

I've never been so embarrassed in all my life than watching that uncompetitive [deleted] on Sunday. WTF was that?

BTW, I don't want Mex to come on this thread and bash the AD or RGT. For once, keep the focus on what the coaching staff is doing -- or is not doing.
B1GPonyFan
Varsity

Re: The UNT game is not the barometer; this program stinks

Postby Mustangs_Maroons » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:10 am

The showing on Sunday was a complete and utter embarassment to everything SMU related. Even in Manhattan, I refused to wear my SMU cap yesterday during the holiday thinking I might be ridiculed. If we can't put a team out there that is competitive and will represent our school, then why bother why this at all?

Shut it down and focus on other things, or do this the right way.
Mustangs_Maroons
Heisman

Postby 03Mustang » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:12 am

If we lose this game badly and don't fire him I don't know why any of us should bother showing up the rest of the year.

I hate myself for saying that, but I can't help it....we all care and see that he is killing the program; why doesn't the school?
03Mustang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby sbsmith » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:40 am

03Mustang wrote:
I hate myself for saying that, but I can't help it....we all care and see that he is killing the program; why doesn't the school?

The financial realities of our head coaching predicament have been talked about at length on this board. Simply put, no one wanted to pony up the money to get rid of June and staff and then pony up more money to hire another HC and staff. It's easy to second guess those guys but ultimately it's their money and their decision. It's not like we have a line up and down Mockingbird of people wanting to fund this operation.
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby 03Mustang » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:49 am

I know all of that, but it doesn't change the fact that his presence is making the situation worse right now.

I'd rather just have Mason take over and pay JJ to go to the islands
03Mustang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyscott » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:52 am

The heat is on...don't think the powers that be know all of this. Its up to June to coach his [deleted] of for the remainder of the season. If SMU should lose this Saturday, for sure fire June and let Mason finish the year.
ponyscott

Postby 03Mustang » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:58 am

ponyscott, is that your opinion or have you heard rumors from the "powers that be"?
03Mustang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby floridianstang » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:03 am

Don't support garbage teams. Hart has to get the message this time before Ford has only the players families watching the ball games. Support Larry and hoops, dump Football like a bad stock.
floridianstang
All-American

Postby StallionsModelT » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:06 am

I never imagined that in Year 7 of paying a coach $2M a season that we would be putting out a product that produces less than 70 yards of offense in a game. This is embarrassing, insulting, and unacceptable by any metric you choose. Sadly, I believe we will pay dearly for not getting rid of June back when we had the chance after Arizona State. He's been on a mission to destroy this program ever since.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby ponyscott » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:24 am

03Mustang wrote:ponyscott, is that your opinion or have you heard rumors from the "powers that be"?

Sorry, my opinion only...but you don't think that this debacle has hit home on all fronts, including the powers the be?
ponyscott

Postby ponyfan08 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:08 pm

StallionsModelT wrote:I never imagined that in Year 7 of paying a coach $2M a season that we would be putting out a product that produces less than 70 yards of offense in a game. This is embarrassing, insulting, and unacceptable by any metric you choose. Sadly, I believe we will pay dearly for not getting rid of June back when we had the chance after Arizona State. He's been on a mission to destroy this program ever since.

I agree 100%. Should have whacked his [deleted]!
[deleted] Dang Sweet Perunatang!
ponyfan08
All-American

Postby couch 'em » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:10 pm

ponyscott wrote:
03Mustang wrote:ponyscott, is that your opinion or have you heard rumors from the "powers that be"?

Sorry, my opinion only...but you don't think that this debacle has hit home on all fronts, including the powers the be?

There are still people on this board that don't really seem to get it.
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em

Postby 03Mustang » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:50 pm

ponyscott wrote:

You'd think so, but I think couch 'em is right about some people on here, and let's be honest....the evidence has been out there for a while.

I just hope the stories about the buyout no longer being prohibitive are correct, or we might as well drop football after this season.
03Mustang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ericdickerson4life » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:57 pm

We don't need to drop football, just drop down a level or two.
ericdickerson4life
Heisman

Postby Pony in SA » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:36 pm

If we are not going to at least try to do things right, dropping down won't make difference either in my opinion.
Pony in SA
All-American

Next

Return to Football