PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

College Cup 2006

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

College Cup 2006

Postby peaker » Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:51 pm

News item on this site that SMU & HSG bidding to host 2006 Men's College Cup at Frisco's Pizza Hut Park because of a schedule conflict at the Home Depot Center. (Corporate names in the spirit of the new logo look.)

Fitting given in the best interest of the event SMU rightfully bowed out of hosting the same event a few years back because of field issues at Gerald Ford (prior to turf).

Only one question - will the stadium and parking lots be done by then?
peaker
Recruit

Postby Roach » Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:15 pm

It would be tremendous. I remember at a couple of SMU games last year, they had some announcement about tickets to the College Cup, which they referred to as the nicest/best/fanciest (whatever) soccer venue in the country. From all reports, Frisco Field (sorry -- can't combine pizza and soccer without getting sick) is going to be as nice or nicer than anything in the country.

And you're right, they are working overtime to get it ready. When's the FC Dallas debut there, two weeks or something?

I'd love to see the College Cup at Frisco. I'd buy up tickets the day it's announced. (It will be even better if SMU's playing in it!)
Roach
Heisman

Postby Cheesesteak » Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:50 pm

What is the latest news on the College Cup at Frisco?
Cheesesteak
All-American

Postby peaker » Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:47 pm

The 2006 College Cup will be held at St. Louis University.
peaker
Recruit

Return to Other Sports