PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Alex Smith appeal denied

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Alex Smith appeal denied

Postby mustangbill67 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:21 pm

The NCAA has denied the Alex Smith eligibility appeal. He was ruled ineligible before the season for participating in several professional team scrimmages last summer in Europe. Too bad, this was a big loss to the soccer program. However, surely he knew the risks of participating in these scrimmages. I wonder if he believed he had a shot at a contract.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Dooby » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:14 pm

So is this guy's SMU career done, or can he come back next year?
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby EastStang » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:29 am

The NCAA what a bunch of two-faced turds.
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Casey » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:42 am

My immediate reaction is that "we're getting picked on, because it's SMU and the NCAA hates SMU." All of that might be true. But I hope the NCAA considered the SMU soccer program specifically. Coach Hyndman is a coaching icon, president of some national college coaches association, and basically revered throughout the college soccer world as a successful and squeaky clean coach. Maybe this was the riht outcome -- I simply don't know. Because if anyone could get a fair trial, so to speak, it should be Coach Hyndman.
Once a Mustang, ALWAYS a Mustang!
Casey
All-American

Postby EastStang » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:54 am

My comment was more generic. These same goons allow schools like UT to make a huge $$$$ grab and then complain when a kid doesn't play but practices with a pro team in Europe. I am sure that there are lots of true amateurs playing football at UT. If you believe that, I've got a nice deed to the Brooklyn Bridge.
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Other Sports