PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Just back from great Pony victory

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Just back from great Pony victory

Postby carolina stang » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:42 pm

We were pretty consistent both periods. Except for the last 10 minutes of the first period, we seemed to be in control. The UNCG crowd and players were a bunch of cry babies. To hear the Spartan fans you would have thought we bought the officials off.

They really hated our man Bruno Guarda. Once they knew they were going to lose, they really started the personal insults. One of our players hollered at the stands after the game, "Hey, you guys are done. It's over for you!

A great game for the Mustangs. I was proud. Good crowd for the game. Da Silva was injured in the first period after his goal but returned for the second half!

Go SMU!!
carolina stang
Varsity

Postby ThadFilms » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:44 pm

How many other PonyFans were there... (glad to see we had at least a fan there)
Eric Dickerson in Pony Excess

"I've love winning man, it's like better than losing." - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh
ThadFilms
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:03 pm

Glad we had someone there.

I'm really thinking of going to Carolina if we get to the Championship game.
Mustangs35SMU

Postby carolina stang » Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:15 pm

It was around 41 degrees and raining at the beginning of the game, so I left Mrs. Stang and my two kids at home. I sat behind a 84 graduate (former SMU soccer player) now living in Roanoke Virginia. He brought his three teen age kids/or friends. I heard another guy who I didn't get a chance to talk to who had on an SMU hat. He hollered "shut up" from a distance to this UNCG punk who had a megaphone mouth. It was pretty funny. So I guess we had at least 6 people there. I stayed long enough to wave at Coach Hyndman and congratulate him so he knows we had at least one there! I wasn't expecting any hooligans at the game. Heck, I'm from Commerce, Texas, not exactly the center of the soccer universe, but I could learn to like this game. Especially when we win.

A group of UNCG thugs/idiots/morons hollered "Schell-us" off and on during the game much like fans used to razz Darryl Strawberry with "Dar-rel". It just seemed to fire us up more.
carolina stang
Varsity

Postby ThadFilms » Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:26 pm

nice... soccer is fun... it's even more fun in inclement (uncomfortable) weather
Eric Dickerson in Pony Excess

"I've love winning man, it's like better than losing." - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh
ThadFilms

Postby Swamp Gas » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:45 pm

carolina stang wrote: .... A group of UNCG thugs/idiots/morons hollered "Schell-us" off and on during the game much like fans used to razz Darryl Strawberry with "Dar-rel". It just seemed to fire us up more.
Clever -- of there's one guy on the planet who won't be rattled by such catcalls, it's Coach Hyndman. When you've won as many games as he has, you've seen and heard everything.
Swamp Gas
Junior Varsity

Postby No Cal Pony » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:17 am

Carolina, got your call late. We were planning on going until my wife woke up sick, and our little man too. Needless to say, I spent the day playing Dr., although still giddy after our win over utep. I felt confident that our Ponies would beat uncg.

I will be at the match v. unc. I love to hate the heels.

GO PONIES!!!
No Cal Pony
Varsity

Return to Other Sports