PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Soccer Giving SMU Athletics Great Publicity

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Soccer Giving SMU Athletics Great Publicity

Postby mustangbill67 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:53 pm

Missed the game this weekend as was out of town with no PC access. Had to call one of my sons in VA to get the score. Needless to say, a great victory for the Ponies and for the athletic program. Just another reason to bump up those Mustang Club donations.

Don't tell me that our soccer program is not being recognized in the DMNs. Success does wonders for a program. A major, great story on Paulo Da Silva in the Friday edition that was half of a page with a 5 X 10 photo. The victory Saturday earned the Ponies a quarter of a page with a large headline "Surging Mustangs ride into final four". Both stories are on the ponyfans home page. The point being success in our non revenue programs does bring the overall athletic program a lot of favorable exposure. Next step, the national championship.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony Up » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:34 pm

Next step: beat Maryland.
AFTER that: win it all!

You're right, the stories have been nice to see in the DMN. Now we're going for a national championship, and it is the Dallas paper -- I'll be looking .... there should be a story on this team EVERY DAY this week!
Proud to be a PonyFan
Pony Up
All-American

Return to Other Sports