PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU-Maryland Roll Call

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby Pony_Fan » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:19 pm

You guys aware of www.site59.com - this includes last minute airfare AND hotel accomodations. If you are thinking about going, check out this site- they have great deals
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

SMU-Maryland Roll Call

Postby Mustang Mom » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:18 pm

This is my very first post here. I've been "lurking" for a long time,but finally decided I had to join in the excitement and register. My husband made my reservations today. I know nothing about the area and I'm traveling alone. I will be staying at the Holiday Inn. I'm hoping to hook up with a lot of other Mustangs. Any advice would be appreciated.
Mustang Mom

Postby EastStang » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:25 am

You might check with the athletic department to see if there is a bus or something from the hotel to the pitch (I want to get this soccer lingo right). If not I'm sure the hotel can give you directions to the game. I'll probably go the the game first and to the hotel second since I'll be coming on Friday. Ask for tickets near the SMU area. That should be good. There will probably be a ton of very obnoxious Maryland fans (they are reportedly the most classless group in the ACC). I have no clue who the Clemson fans will be rooting for. Some might want to play SMU (unseeded) instead of a 2 seed. Others might want to see an all ACC final. I suspect the two or three UNM fans will want to play us since they killed us earlier this year. Needless to say, bring your Halls throat drops.

Terry - Virginia isn't too bad for snow, its West Virginia that has all those curvy mountain roads.
EastStang

Postby No Cal Pony » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:02 am

Mom, maybe you can contact the athletic dept. as mentioned. I know there will be a number of the player's parents there. I would rather imagine they will be staying near the team too. They were a terrific group! You can send me a message, and I'll try to help as much as possible.

Also, the hotel should be able to assist in guiding you to the tourny. It is a short treck from the hotel on 440 to 40West, and exit in Cary. The SAS Soccer Park is just off the highway. Check out this site:
http://www.townofcary.org/depts/prdept/ ... erview.htm

Also, the seating is primarily GA, with some reserved seating. At this time I believe the reserved seats are sold out.

Pony fans, let us hope we get used to these winning ways. I hope to see the boys back in 2007!!

Go Ponies!
No Cal Pony
Varsity

Postby No Cal Pony » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:09 am

East, I'm looking forward to a rematch w/ unm. The team the unm played isn't hte one we are witness to now. My guess is that the team doesn't care who they play. We're gonna crush 'em regardless!

I suspect maryland will bring lots of fans, they do support the soccer program well. clemson is the surprise. In the acc, i think they rank behind 5 other schools. But I expect they will bring a crowd too.

Go Ponies!
No Cal Pony
Varsity

Postby Terry Webster » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:57 am

Shoot. Now the Cincinnati area is expecting 3-6 inches of snow Thursday night. I hope I can get out of this area!
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby EastStang » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:23 pm

WEAR BLUE. MARYLAND'S PRIMARY COLOR IS RED. UNM IS RED. CLEMSON IS ORANGE.
EastStang

Postby EastStang » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:42 pm

I just sort of checked out a Terps message board, they were really very very confident for Friday night. Right where we want them. I think we should just let them think that. By the way anyone know any good Turtle jokes.
EastStang

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:32 pm

EastStang wrote:WEAR BLUE. MARYLAND'S PRIMARY COLOR IS RED. UNM IS RED. CLEMSON IS ORANGE.

Was thinking the exact same thing this morning.
Mustangs35SMU

Postby Terry Webster » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:12 pm

Before I make my attempt to head out tomorrow morning bright and early, does anyone know if tickets are still available? The NCSU web site has shut down ticket sales. Will there be some available at the gate?
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby No Cal Pony » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:23 am

Sorry to have not responded sooner. I heard there were still a limited number left. I know there were problems w/ the ncsu site, and had been told they were shutting down tix sales via internet. All other sales were throught the tix office by phone or on site.

Go Ponies!
No Cal Pony
Varsity

Postby No Cal Pony » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:43 am

Ticket update. As of this morning, all ticket sales are through office at the SAS Soccer Stadium in Cary. Limited tickets are still available. The sales on site begin at 12 noon.

Go Ponies!
No Cal Pony
Varsity

Previous

Return to Other Sports