PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU-Maryland Roll Call

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU-Maryland Roll Call

Postby carolina stang » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:42 pm

Ok folks, let's have a big turnout this Friday afternoon at 4 eastern. Barring a disaster at work, I will be there. It should be a large time as we whip the Terps. I've been lucky this fall in seeing the Ponies. I've been back to Dallas for the Baylor game, Huntington for Marshall and now my third soccer playoff game.

Our guys play with such heart and speed. Somehow, they get it done. It's incredible to see such a well-oiled machine coming from SMU. We've been so conditioned to debacle after debacle in our sports programs that we really expect to lose sometimes. This soccer program that I know many of you have followed for years has been a consistent winner. Put it together with those last 3 football games and all is well. I know I am just recently on the SMU soccer bandwagon, but I know there is room for more!

I'm hooked! Go Ponies!
carolina stang
Varsity

Postby smupony94 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:20 pm

I have nothing to do this weekend and was checking out smumustangs.com. It said Travel with the Mustangs to the College Cup (details coming Monday) well, I have not seen anything yet.

Why do I like this team, I sent Schellas an email last year congratulating him on a great season and within an hour he replied thanking me for listening to the games on the internet (told him how I was too far to actually attend a game).
smupony94
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby EastStang » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:29 am

I've got my tickets at will call and I'll be there. I'm now working on hotel arrangements for Friday night. Once I know, I'll let everyone know.
EastStang

Postby No Cal Pony » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:43 am

Carolina, I've got to work untill 6, maybe 5 will be tne earliest I can leave. I'll see what I can do , otherwise it will have to be Sunday. I'll call you during the week. This is painful.

Go Ponies!!!!
No Cal Pony
Varsity

Postby PonyPride » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:06 am

EastStang wrote:I've got my tickets at will call and I'll be there. I'm now working on hotel arrangements for Friday night. Once I know, I'll let everyone know.
You're going to need that hotel Saturday night, too!
PonyPride

Postby EastStang » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:16 am

I unfortunately can't stay to Sunday. I have some committments on Sunday that I can't break. I decided to go cheap and stay at the Red Roof Inn in Cary about 3 miles from the SAS Soccer Stadium. Hopefully, there will be a bar close by to allow a few celebratory toasts after our win.
EastStang

Postby No Cal Pony » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:50 am

Woody's Sports Bar is nearby on Chapel Hill Rd. in Cary. Woody's is a good place. Decent bar and pub grub.

Go Ponies!
No Cal Pony
Varsity

Postby EastStang » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:08 pm

I switched hotels to the one listed on SMUMUSTANGS.com. The Holiday Inn in Raleigh. If you go to AAA it will save you about $25.
EastStang

Postby No Cal Pony » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:37 pm

I hope we all can get together. Would love to meet other folks from Pony Fans, save one person. Also, from the Holiday Inn, you can continue down Glenwood to downtown Raleigh. Lots there. Also, on lower Glenwood is Five Points area. Lots of good bars and places to eat. Have a safe trip down. Remember to bring a coat. No snow here, but it is chilly.

Go Ponies!!
No Cal Pony
Varsity

Postby carolina stang » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:45 pm

Yeah. Definitely many celebratory toasts if we win! No Cal, maybe you can at least join us for drinks afterwards. I have the same problem on Sunday. Will probably only see the second half as I won't be able to leave the Triad until 2.
carolina stang
Varsity

Postby Terry Webster » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:38 pm

I am hoping to drive in from the Cincinnati area for Fridays game (can't stay for Sunday, someone's gotta preach). Is it better to get general admission tickets and find everyone, or do go for the reserved seats>
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby carolina stang » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:59 pm

The last two games (in Greensboro and Chapel Hill) were General Admission. I don't know about the final four. I am probably going to wait until that day and purchase. I'll ask before I go in, where the SMU folk are seating. I probably should research. I can't imagine tickets would be a problem.

Hope to see you there Terry.
carolina stang
Varsity

Postby SmooPower » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:14 pm

I believe Final Four tickets are $30 ea.
SmooPower
Heisman

Postby Terry Webster » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:20 pm

A lot of it depends on the weather. That drive through the Virginia's is a bit hairy if thers is bad weather. Hope to make it though. I probably won't decide until Thursday.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony_Fan » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:19 pm

You guys aware of www.site59.com - this includes last minute airfare AND hotel accomodations. If you are thinking about going, check out this site- they have great deals
Pony_Fan

Next

Return to Other Sports