PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

National Championship

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

National Championship

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:30 pm

While I know we still have one game to win before we are in the National Championship, but people have to plan ahead :lol: .

With us still in the running for the National Championship I began thinking if I should go out to NC or stay home and go to the Cotton Bowl like originally planned..

Sadly, I decided to just go to the Cotton Bowl (Roll Tide). But with that said..Will there be a watching party IF! our mighty Mustangs are able to get past Maryland (of course) somewhere in the Dallas area and a welcome back party for our 'Stangs after the game?

I really hope we some sort of watching party where a lot of us Mustangs can get together and cheer our Mustangs..even if it is from Dallas.
Mustangs35SMU
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: National Championship

Postby SmooPower » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:02 am

Mustangs35SMU wrote:With us still in the running for the National Championship I began thinking if I should go out to NC or stay home and go to the Cotton Bowl like originally planned..

Given the final soccer game is December 11th, and the Cotton Bowl is January 2nd, color me confused.
SmooPower
Heisman

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:07 am

I have to buy tickets tomorrow..well actually it's today now.

Either spend money on going to the Cotton Bowl or flying out to the Carolina, a hotel room, and the tickets to the game
Mustangs35SMU

Postby EastStang » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:32 am

Watching an annual Cotton Bowl game between a SEC team and a Big 12 team, or seeing your alma mater compete for a National Championship (and for that matter the second game if you like soccer between NM and Clemson). Then you add some Carolina pork barbecue. The Cotton Bowl will be there in '07, with another SEC and Big 12 match-up. But we may not be in the final four next year (although I like our chances with this young team). A bad break or two and it may not happen next year. So, go to Carolina.
EastStang

Postby No Cal Pony » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:06 am

Couldn't agree more. Come on and support the Mustangs!! Plus, as East pointed out, you'll be a barbeque zone quite different than Texas. You'll have to venture to Chapel Hill or Durham for the best in the area. Hands down, Bullock's in Durham and Allen & Sons in Chapel Hill rule. (Luckily I live close to both!)

Go Ponies!!!
No Cal Pony
Varsity

Postby PonyPride » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:53 pm

Agreed - go to Carolina. I have a friend who has NEVER SEEN a soccer game at any level. He wouldn't know Kellan Zindel from Kellen Winslow. But he already has taken time off from work to go, saying "if SMU is going to win a national championship in anything, I'm going to be there." (As for me, I recently started a new job, and have no vacation time accrued .... dammit.) The Cotton Bowl will be there every year, M35SMU .... if you have a chance to cheer the Ponies on to a national championship, you've got to go!
PonyPride

Postby abezontar » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:03 pm

I'd go if I didn't have a final on friday.
The donkey's name is Kiki.

On a side note, anybody need a patent attorney?

Good, Bad...I'm the one with the gun.
abezontar
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Other Sports