PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Soccer banner

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Soccer banner

Postby Diamond Girl » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:01 am

I meant to say this earlier, but the soccer banner has been a terrific touch to the Web site. Many kudos! :D
Everything we want is on the other side of difficult.
Diamond Girl
Heisman

Postby Water Pony » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:25 am

Absolutely,

Go Ponies, beat the Turtles!

BTW, swimming and diving would be a great banner too. Women are ranked 7th in the U.S.
Water Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby DallasDiehard » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:15 am

Did y'all see the new PF.com Final Four preview story on the homepage? A hell of a lot better and more complete than anything the DMN or Daily Campus (HA!) would ever do. Here's the link:

http://www.ponyfans.com/features/soccerff05/index.asp
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Postby giacfsp » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:20 pm

Great story!
giacfsp
Heisman

Postby No Cal Pony » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:42 pm

Great work. What I keep seeing repeated is Coach Hyndman's assertion that the guys are playing for themselves as a TEAM. He even made that poin to me in a reply to an email I had sent him. You could see that too when they played unc. After unc scored the tying goal, the team got together, and from afar, it sure looked like they were challenging one another, and came out as determined as ever.

By the end of the game against unc, the crowd had gotten to a good size, with a number of students gathered outside along a dorm that overlooks Fetzer Field. Their eventual silence was stunning. The sheer joy that overcame the Mustangs was beyond description. Their rousing lead in singing "Varsity" was inspiring.

There is no reason for this team to fear anyone. If they can overcome the season as they have, I see the result. A new trophy shall rest at SMU.

Go Ponies! And thank you Pony Fans!
No Cal Pony
Varsity

Postby Pony Up » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:25 pm

Terrific story. This team has overachieved, and they have every chance to continue that Friday .... and Sunday!
Proud to be a PonyFan
Pony Up
All-American

Postby Diamond Girl » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:05 pm

Great story! It certainly has gotten me fired up for watching the game tomorrow! Go Ponies!!! Kick the h$ll out of the turtles!!!
Everything we want is on the other side of difficult.
Diamond Girl
Heisman

Return to Other Sports