PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Why no Equestrian talk?

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:40 pm

I'm sure as the equestrian team gets more popular there will be more of an outcry to bring Peruna and the cheerleaders to the competitions. I sure would be worried about Peruna being around all of the bigger horses though. She might panic and freak out and run into a wall and kill herself which would truly be a sad day for the university.

Maybe we should just start with the Peruna mascot (the one with a human inside).
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PK » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:44 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:I'm sure as the equestrian team gets more popular there will be more of an outcry to bring Peruna and the cheerleaders to the competitions. I sure would be worried about Peruna being around all of the bigger horses though. She might panic and freak out and run into a wall and kill herself which would truly be a sad day for the university.

Maybe we should just start with the Peruna mascot (the one with a human inside).
Sorry Dan...all Perunas are male in gender.
PK

Postby abezontar » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:45 pm

There have been some females in the past but they try to always get males. The current one wouldn't run into a wall, he would start trying to spread his seed.
The donkey's name is Kiki.

On a side note, anybody need a patent attorney?

Good, Bad...I'm the one with the gun.
abezontar
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:15 pm

Apologies. I thought he current Peruna (is it Peruna VII now?) was female. I'm pretty sure the previous Peruna was a female but when she kicked it I guess the new one is male. Either way, I think the little horse would be afraid of the big horses. I know I would be afraid of humans two or three times the size of me.
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby abezontar » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:22 pm

The current one is Peruna VIII, VII is still alive, and he spends all of his time around larger horses, and trust me he isn't the least bit frightened. In fact anytime a female walks by he does whatever he can to show his prowess.
The donkey's name is Kiki.

On a side note, anybody need a patent attorney?

Good, Bad...I'm the one with the gun.
abezontar
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:41 pm

Good for Peruna VII! I know it's kind of off the subject but I get a certain blood rush going when I'm around the fillies myself...
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby EastStang » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:11 pm

Peruna VI or VII tried to umm mate with the Texas Tech horse during a game. No larger horses don't bother our Perunas. So don't take Peruna to Equestrian events, you never know which of those equestrian ponies are slutty.
EastStang

Postby ponyplayer » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:41 pm

EastStang wrote:Peruna VI or VII tried to umm mate with the Texas Tech horse during a game. No larger horses don't bother our Perunas. So don't take Peruna to Equestrian events, you never know which of those equestrian ponies are slutty.

sometimes they point out which ones are and which ones are not.......depends on the time of year......spring usually works out best for the ones that are.........
ponyplayer
All-American

Postby couch 'em » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:15 pm

As Peruna's legal guardian, would SMU have to make his child-support payments for him?
couch 'em

Postby EastStang » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:26 pm

Sort of like watching the Animal Planet or the RFD channel.
EastStang

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:21 pm

my daughter has been involved with equestrian since she was 9 yrs old. currently a frosh at Clemson. she is actually in the equine business program there and thought briefly about applying to SMU, but she found there was a pretty "tight" circle as she looked into equestrian scholarships at schools in the southeast. At Clemson, equestrian is a club sport, but she didn't care for the girls in the club...a bit too snooty for her. She favored english for years and always enjoyed the jumping, but has since fallen in with a rodeo and western group. She told us "after the fact" that she had her 1st bull ride recently...and I'm not talking about Debra Winger style at some honkey tonk (at least as far as her mother and I were told)
Charleston Pony

Postby ponyplayer » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:01 am

Charleston Pony wrote:my daughter has been involved with equestrian since she was 9 yrs old. currently a frosh at Clemson. she is actually in the equine business program there and thought briefly about applying to SMU, but she found there was a pretty "tight" circle as she looked into equestrian scholarships at schools in the southeast. At Clemson, equestrian is a club sport, but she didn't care for the girls in the club...a bit too snooty for her. She favored english for years and always enjoyed the jumping, but has since fallen in with a rodeo and western group. She told us "after the fact" that she had her 1st bull ride recently...and I'm not talking about Debra Winger style at some honkey tonk (at least as far as her mother and I were told)

After watching that bull run through the grandstands the other night on the news, think i wll stay away from the rodeos........................
ponyplayer
All-American

Postby bubba pony » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:00 pm

OK, I had to look up the team on SUMMUSTANGS. there are 22 girls on the team, are they on some sort of scholarship? do we recruit girls for this team or are they walk ons?
bubba pony
Heisman

Postby ponyplayer » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:12 pm

bubba pony wrote:OK, I had to look up the team on SUMMUSTANGS. there are 22 girls on the team, are they on some sort of scholarship? do we recruit girls for this team or are they walk ons?

They get 15 scholarships which i believe they can break up and use how they want to, they are recruited and yes, there are walk-ons as well...........it is a pretty big deal since it is an Olympic sport
ponyplayer
All-American

Postby ponyplayer » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:13 pm

bubba pony wrote:OK, I had to look up the team on SUMMUSTANGS. there are 22 girls on the team, are they on some sort of scholarship? do we recruit girls for this team or are they walk ons?

They get 15 scholarships which i believe they can break up and use how they want to, they are recruited and yes, there are walk-ons as well...........it is a pretty big deal since it is an Olympic summer sport....
ponyplayer
All-American

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports