PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

How come soccer has no message board?

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

How come soccer has no message board?

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:45 pm

How come soccer doesn't have its own message board like football and basketball?

Soccer carried SMU athletics through the death penalty and the men made the FINAL FOUR this year!

Plus, the womens team is also awesome as awesome can be!

I think soccer should have its own message board for all of the SMU soccer fans!
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Sasser Rules » Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:08 pm

Soccer is probably the most popular of the "other sports." It has a pretty loyal following on this board.
Sasser Rules
Varsity

Postby mustangbill67 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:10 am

Although it would probably not increase the number of posts, it would be great to have a soccer board. There appears to be a lot of reader interest. I just wish we had some people close to the program who would let us know what is going on in recruiting, transfers and players leaving.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby couch 'em » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:18 pm

Other Sports barely gets any posts - a soccer board is not needed yet. Too bad Copeland is seemingly ignorant of the huge income possibility of marketing the soccer team or we might have enough posters for a seperate board. If we advertised the team to 1. all the soccer kids and moms in the suburbs, and 2. the rowdy, drunken mexican soccer fans around Dallas, we could fill the stands and rake in the dough. Make sure taquitos are sold in the consession stands. But remember ENGLISH SIGNS ONLY.
couch 'em

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:25 pm

While I still don't understand all the rules of soccer, I've been to a couple of SMU matches when they've visited Charleston and Columbia and really enjoy watching these guys. It's easy to appreciate the skills/talent level in a program that can play with the best the NCAA has to offer. Soccer probably does deserve it's own category on this board. I'd really like to see the improvements made to Wescott and for our programs to enjoy more support
Charleston Pony

Postby Cheesesteak » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:09 pm

Measured by the number of posts/overall Ponyfan interest - soccer doesn't deserve its own board.

Measured by the sustained quality and excellence of the program - soccer deserves more attention/interest.

On message boards, traffic rules.

Go Mustang Soccer!
Cheesesteak
All-American

Return to Other Sports