PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Women's soccer signs forward

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Women's soccer signs forward

Postby Webmaster » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:46 am

From the SMU athletic department:

SMU Signs Kim Peabody to women's soccer NLI for 2006
Newest Mustang hails from the St. Louis area

Feb. 2, 2006

DALLAS (SMU) - SMU head women's soccer coach John Cossaboon announced the signing of one student-athlete to a national letter-of-intent for this coming fall season. The newest member of the Mustang family is 5-9 forward Kim Peabody (St. Genevieve, Mo.).

Peabody currently attends Ursuline Academy in St. Louis, Mo. She is a Region II ODP and Missouri State team member and plays club soccer for the St. Louis Soccer Club (formerly the Busch Soccer Club). A three-time Missouri State cup champion, Kim attended the ESP national camp in 2003 and the Nike national camp in 2002. She is the daughter of Bob and Dianne Peabody.

"Kim should contribute immediately as a freshman," states Cossaboon. "Her attacking and pure finishing skills should add tremendously to the SMU veteran attack. Kim's development within the Busch Soccer Club has provided her with the needed experience to make an impact in Division I soccer. While recruiting her, I have seen Kim demonstrate a keen awareness in scoring areas and score some great goals. We are very excited to have her at SMU."
"Rhett Lashlee not only has the top G5 transfer class, it’s one of the best classes in the country, period.”
–– Chris Vannini, The Athletic

Thanks for supporting PonyFans.com. If you have any problems or concerns, please e-mail us at webmaster@ponyfans.com
Webmaster
Heisman

Postby mustangbill67 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:48 pm

Kim is a highly regarded player in the St. Louis area, one of the soccer hotbeds in the country. She committed early to SMU. Good pickup.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby peaker » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:22 pm

She is a great pickup! She should be contributing to the success of the Women's program from Day 1.

Only losing one senior this past season means the recruiting class will be small this year. However I do not think John or Stewart are through. If I recall correctly from his first year at SMU, John signed Adria Campbell late in the spring.
peaker
Recruit

Return to Other Sports