PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU vs FC Dallas Wednesday, US - Guatemala Wednesday

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU vs FC Dallas Wednesday, US - Guatemala Wednesday

Postby JasonB » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:11 am

SMU and FC Dallas are playing on Wednesday night at SMU. FC Dallas will mostly play its draft picks, but Kenny Cooper could see some action. Good chance to check out both teams for the first time in the new year. Keep an eye on FCD's scrawny central midfielder, Dax McCarthy. He is only 18 and is going to be a stud. As is Their left back, 17 year old Wagner. Oduro up top is fast, Joyce is their other center forward and he is a very tall player with good touch. Some good, young talent to watch. These games are fun to watch because you can see from SMU's perspective who can think fast enough to be able to have a chance at the next level.

Also, US - Guatemala is on Sunday afternoon. The players cominjg in for the US team are fighting to try to win one of the few remaining spots on the US team that is going to Germany, and will put forth a lot of effort If you saw the US play Japan last Friday, they are really playing well right now, and play attacking, aggressive soccer. Fun to watch, even thought hey are missing quite a few players. The Guatemalan team will feature Carlos Ruiz, of FC Dallas, and a bunch of players looking to get discovered by MLS teams, so they have plenty to play for. Eddie Johnson of FC Dallas (at least for now), will play for the US.

I don't know if SMU is charging for the game, and don't have a link for tickets, but I suspect they are just a couple of bucks.

If you want tickets to the US game at Pizza Hut Park, email klindstrom@fcdallas.net, and he can hook you up for 18 bucks (which is pretty cheap for a US National Team game).
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mustangbill67 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:35 am

We play Marshall in BB at Moody Wednesday night at 7. What time is the soccer game? Will be at the U.S. game on Sunday and a closed practice on Saturday. Would not miss a chance to see the U.S. team close up even if it is only a World Cup tune up game.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby JasonB » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:18 am

It looks like the SMU-FCD game is at 6, so watch soccer for an hour and then head over to basketball, sounds like a plan to me!
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mustangbill67 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:39 pm

Will be interested in seeing who is on the Spring roster for SMU.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponygirl08 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:26 am

From what I heard the game is free - for anyone.
GO RED!
GO BLUE!
GO MUSTANGS!
S-M-U!
ponygirl08
Scout Team

Postby Vitale » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:58 am

mustangbill67 wrote:Will be interested in seeing who is on the Spring roster for SMU.
WHy? Are you hearing people are leaving? I would think the roster would look like last year's roster, minus the seniors .... right?
Vitale
All-American

Postby mustangbill67 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:20 am

Not necessarily. There could be a player transfer to us from another school or a player may have transfered from us or quit. We also had a couple of top players leave the team last year who still have eligibility. I just wonder if any of them will return for the Spring.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Other Sports