PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

FC Dallas Soccer Game

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

FC Dallas Soccer Game

Postby mustangbill67 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:27 pm

I only saw the first half but the game at that point had been very competitive with FC Dallas leading 1-0. There was a good crowd even though this was just a practice game. When I got to the basketball game about starting time, the soccer crowd seemed larger than the initial basketball attendance. I wish SMU would have charged a buck or so for the game so we could have had some kind of a roster of the players on both teams. A game announcer would also have been nice. I knew who the SMU players were but had no clue about the FC Dallas players and how many starters were playing.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby JasonB » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:17 am

In the first half, Aaron Pitchkolen was the only FCD full-roster player on the field. The rest of the players were all trialists or draft picks. Torres scored the goal in the first half, but he will be cut before the season starts. A couple of the better draft picks didn't play.

In the second half, FCD put in Oduro, who is a very promising forward who was a draft pick, Alex Yi, who is not a starter, but is on the roster, and Carlos Ruiz, who is, of course, god. FCD completely controlled the second half and won 4-0.

First half was more competitive, but FCD still had the majority of chances and controlled possesion for the most part.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby EastStang » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:54 am

Were they bigger and stronger than our players? That was the one thing I noticed in the Maryland game that we were clearly outsized. Did Gonzales play for us? I know Chun and Hashimoto are gone. Did anyone look particularly good for us?
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mustangbill67 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:50 pm

Well at least during the first half I did not notice that size and strength were factors. Speed and quickness were. In any event the game was fairly competitive. I did not see Gonzales. I assume he will suit up for Guatemala in its game with the US on Sunday. On the SMU side there was a number 2 and a number 20. These were the numbers of two seniors, Zindel and Uremovich. With my bad eyesight and the distance, I could not tell if these two seniors were playing or if someone else was wearing the jerseys. The guy wearing 20 looked big and strong and played well. Can't wait for fall.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Roach » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:22 pm

Michael Uremovich wore No. 20 last year. He's pretty tall (maybe 6 feet?) but thin -- I doubt he would inspire someone to call him "big." I believe graduating seniors (i.e. Zindel and Uremovich) are prohibited from playing in spring games, and surely Coach Hyndman would use these games to play the guys who will be here in the fall.
Roach
Heisman

Postby mustangbill67 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:21 pm

so I wonder who these two guys were. I believe I accounted for all the non-senior numbers.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Other Sports