PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU Tennis Player charged with child indecency

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby Lamont_Cranston » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:09 am

Nice parenting skills. Not.
"37"
Lamont_Cranston
Junior Varsity

Postby SMUPhil » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:29 am

Not to defend the guy's actions, but their mutual "friends" did drop her off at his apartment to stay there for the night. The dad gets wind of this, finds her at the apartment, and then wants to punish this guy.

Not like he was camped out by the playground with a net and a gag.
Sent from my Motorola brick.
SMUPhil
All-American

Postby EastStang » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:27 am

Unfortunately consensual or not, and correct me if I'm wrong you Texas attorneys, but this is statutory rape. I know in Virginia if there is sex between someone who is an adult and is more than four years older than the minor, its statutory rape. In Texas, it might even be that sex between an adult and a minor is statutory rape which means that every 18 year old who does it with his 17 year old girlfriend (and vice versa) risks a rape charge. If there is an age differential requirement, then their dates of birth become a huge issue because its completely arithmetic.
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby BUS » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:28 am

It is sad that this happened and I would have thought that the dad would have been at the apartment door like at 10 at night Sunday night.

Having two daughters, I want to know where they are - ALL THE TIME.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby Ikus » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:59 am

East: I don't know that the statutory rape charge can be applied until it is learned what happened between the two people. If they spent the night playing checkers, then it doesn't apply, of course. It doesn't look good, of course, but it's unfair to jump to any conclusions.
Ikus
Heisman

Postby SMU Football Blog » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:07 am

I put this in the blog:
When I was in high school, I wanted to date college chicks. When I was in college, I wanted to date college chicks. Now that I am 32 with a wife and two kids, I still want to date . . . just kidding, honey.

Dude, anybody mackin' on HS chicks they meet when they are in college is probably a perv in my book.
SMU Football Blog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyboy » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:42 am

SMUPhil wrote:Not to defend the guy's actions, but their mutual "friends" did drop her off at his apartment to stay there for the night. The dad gets wind of this, finds her at the apartment, and then wants to punish this guy.

Not like he was camped out by the playground with a net and a gag.

I think your comments are fair. I am in no way condoning this guy's behavior, of course, but it was apparently consensual between kids only four years apart in age. I've always felt the law was unfair when there is such a small difference in age. It's tragic what's going to happen to the guy.
ponyboy

Postby HixsontoLeVias » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:11 pm

..send him back to Bulgaria. Not sure why a 20 yr old college kid is sleeping with a 16 year old hs soph???? And YES...where in the heck are the parents.....
HixsontoLeVias
All-American

Postby Pony Up » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:23 pm

Bulgaria?
Proud to be a PonyFan
Pony Up
All-American

Postby HixsontoLeVias » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:57 pm

Latvia? Belize? Markwatsuva?
HixsontoLeVias
All-American

Postby SMU Football Blog » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:55 pm

He's from Mexico.

But let's send him to Bulgaria. It would be funny, like in the movie "Johnny Dangerously" where Roman Moroni is convicted and the headline was "Maroni Convicted: Deported to Iceland, Claims he isn't from there"
SMU Football Blog
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Other Sports