PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

New women's soccer recruit

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

New women's soccer recruit

Postby mustangbill67 » Fri May 12, 2006 3:47 pm

According to several national soccer sources, Alissa Ireland, a forward from Cincinnati has commited to SMU for 2006. Do not know anything else about her except she plays for a top club team in the area. She is the second known commitment. None from the Dallas area.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby EastStang » Mon May 15, 2006 10:34 am

Wouldn't it be great if some day we had both Men's and women's soccer in the final four in the same year!
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Corso » Mon May 15, 2006 12:53 pm

EastStang wrote:Wouldn't it be great if some day we had both Men's and women's soccer in the final four in the same year!
My prediction: 2007-08!
Corso
Hall of Famer

Postby Higher Authority » Mon May 22, 2006 10:04 am

Ponies actually added two. Saw this on smumustangs.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Mustang Women's Soccer Adds Two Players to Fall Roster
Alissa Ireland, Jennifer Raad Newest Mustangs

May 17, 2006

DALLAS (SMU) - Two talented players have been added to the 2006 fall Mustang women's soccer roster. They include freshmen Alissa Ireland (Cincinnati, Ohio) and Jennifer Raad (Dallas, Texas).

Ireland is a 5-10 center forward who attends Seven Hills H.S. in Cincinnati, Ohio. A 2006 first team All-Conference selection, Ireland is a member of the Classic Hammer U-18 premier club team.

Raad is a 5-7 midfielder who attends Ursuline Academy in Dallas and was a 2006 TAPPS first team All-State selection. Her high school team has won the state championship all four years. She is a member of the Sting 88 Royal soccer club team.
Higher Authority
All-American

Postby mmcclain5 » Tue May 23, 2006 11:13 am

Anyone with any interest in the SMU Girls Soccer program should get word to the coaching staff to take a look at Waxahachie Forward Katie Hinds if they arent already doing so. I am not related to her in any way I just know talent when I see it, she would be a good addition to your program.
mmcclain5

Return to Other Sports