PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Basketball Soccer conflict

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Basketball Soccer conflict

Postby mustangbill67 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:47 pm

Does anyone know why the Athletic Department scheduled the Basketball Kick Off Dinner at the same time as the SMU Tulsa game at Westcott? I would have gone to the dinner but for me this important and likely very tough conference game has a much higher priority. Need to support the guys when they are playing.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mustangbill67 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:47 pm

I have been advised that Wednesday the 11th was the only night that Jon Koncak was available to speak. Wish that this conflict could have been resolved. We need to support the Mustang soccer team with attendance at the games.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby peaker » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:23 pm

How many SMU students typically attend the basketball kickoff dinner?
peaker
Recruit

Postby mustangbill67 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:05 pm

Probably few if any especially in view of the ticket price. However, I do not see a lot of SMU students at the soccer games either. The point is that there are non student fans of SMU athletics who do in fact support the entire SMU athletic program with both their time and money. I for one would like to attend the basketball dinner but will not as the support of the soccer team in a conference game is of higher importance at least to me.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby FordtoTolbert » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:46 am

I do not think this "conflict" will be an issue...
FordtoTolbert
All-American

Return to Other Sports