PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Here we go again with Shellas and FC Dallas

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Here we go again with Shellas and FC Dallas

Postby Big10Ponyfan » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:26 am

Every time the local professional soccer team makes a coaching change, the default story of Hyndman going to them occurs. I know he was close a couple of times.

For those alums out of state, his name was mentioned as a replacement because the FC Dallas coach was let go earlier this week.

Of course, Shellas is mum because we're in the NCAA tournament.

But I will say this, he's getting to an age where the window for him to do it is closing. This could be the last time they come calling. If he really wants to try this, this would be the time to do it, especially if we get back to the College Cup or win the thing. He would have nothing left to prove.

Stay tuned.
Big10Ponyfan

Postby PonyPride » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:59 am

He has nothing left to prove now -- he's the Marv Levy of college soccer. His resume speaks volumes about his coaching prowess, with or without a national title.
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Big10Ponyfan » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:10 am

But if he left SMU, he would want to do it on the heels of winning a national title rather than not winning one.
Big10Ponyfan

Postby PonyPride » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:34 am

Well sure, that would be ideal. But if he does leave -- to coach elsewhere, to retire (yeah, right), to become an insurance salesman (??) -- there's no way to question his ability as a coach.
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Terry Webster » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:51 am

I have always gotten the impression from various stories about coach is that he really likes the opportunity to teach as much as he does coach. With college players, the opportunity to teach them soccer is a big part of the job. It isn't so much with the pro's.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

No way

Postby Beavr10 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:42 pm

There is no reason to leave. Even if they ran the table this year. Why leave for a league where a single poor season could end a career. I will say however that by bringing back former assistant McClements, coach knows he would be leaving his program in hands that he trusted. But FC Dallas should not be in his future plans.
Go Mustangs
Beavr10

Return to Other Sports