PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Bring Back Track

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby Maryland78 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:16 pm

Yes...I was just looking at that and copied it to post here...an example of one of the elements that I am proposing to re=establish a track team at minimal expense...I would bet there are several guys on the football team now that would go out...and be able to perform at a respectable level...are you listening Mr. Orsini??...it isn't rocket science.

Robinson excited about being a Mustang
By TOMMY BROWN/Daily Light Sports Editor
Posted: Sunday, December 17, 2006 12:02 PM CST

Aldrick Robinson made a splash last spring by finishing second in the 200-meter dash at the state track meet.

This week, the senior wideout on the Waxahachie football team committed to Southern Methodist University, where his sole mission will be to get an education and play football.

“They don’t have a track team, at least not right now,” he said. “But they have a new athletic director and their supposed to add track in a couple of years. I’d probably do both if they got track.”

Robinson was the Indians’ big play threat at receiver, kick returner and punt returner.

His break away speed allowed to him to make plays like the 95-yard touchdown catch he had against Copperas Cove in the first round of the state playoffs.

That speed is why Robinson believes he’ll have a chance to play as a true freshman.

“No redshirt for me,” he said. “They’re going to give me a chance to prove my talent and earn playing time.”

Robinson chose SMU over Louisiana-Monroe and a pair of Big 12 schools, Kansas and Texas A&M.

“I wanted to be close to home and they gave me the most love,” he said. “They’ve got a good quarterback who will only be a senior next year so maybe we’ll be able to do some things.”

SMU’s offense runs a similar type offense that the Indians ran, which Robinson says will give him a little advantage to those that aren’t accustomed to the system.

“I’ve got used to shotgun formations and I’ve been the inside and outside receiver,” he said.

Robinson plans on majoring in business.
Maryland78
Junior Varsity

Postby SMU Football Blog » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:24 am

Yeah. If it was told to a recruit, it has to be true.
SMU Football Blog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby davidsmu94 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:36 am

The real question is who told the recruit this.. I'm 99.95% sure that the person who told him this is not the football or track coach here, but someone else who can get it done.
davidsmu94
Heisman

Postby SMU Football Blog » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:57 pm

The real question is who told the recruit this.. I'm 99.95% sure that the person who told him this is not the football or track coach here, but someone else who can get it done.

Wishful thinking.
SMU Football Blog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Water Pony » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:14 pm

Track & Field
Swimming & Diving
Baseball & Softball
Cross & Country
Foot & Ball
Basket & Ball
Volley & Ball
Golf & Tennis
Equis & trian
Row & Ing

Dodge & Ball

The "&" have it
Pony Up
Water Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PK » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:57 pm

Water Pony wrote:Track & Field
Swimming & Diving
Baseball & Softball
Cross & Country
Foot & Ball
Basket & Ball
Volley & Ball
Golf & Tennis
Equis & trian
Row & Ing

Dodge & Ball

The "&" have it
Slow day at work...huh?
PK

Re: Bring Back Track

Postby Bergermeister » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:12 pm

davidsmu94 wrote:Bring Back Track

I'm in favor of that. SMU could have a nice little complex across Central on the theatre property it owns. That's about as close as you can get and still keep it close. While we're at it, let's bring back football, too.
Bergermeister

Previous

Return to Other Sports