PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Women's Soccer Coach Opening

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby smupony94 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:38 pm

Is there anyway we can get the A&M coach? They always beat us in the second round. Dallas vs. College Station and Schellas will work with you.
smupony94
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyPride » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:04 am

smupony94 wrote:Is there anyway we can get the A&M coach?....
For the love of all things sacred and holy: NO. The guy is a very effective recruiter, but can't coach to save his life -- he puts together a team of otherworldly athletes and simply "out-athletes" many teams .... and then gets bounced every time he faces a great team with great athletes. Any coaching done down there is done by his staff, so you could make the argument that they might be worth looking at. But G Guereri should not even get a cursory phone call from Steve-O.
PonyPride

Postby Beavr10 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:32 pm

It was great to see Ed get noticed. I had the chance to play under him up in Illinois and again for a summer in Europe. He is a class act and one heck of a coach. However, unless Coss took his staff with him then I would think Orsini would have to look out below in the form of the Assistant coach Stewart Brown. He is the kind of guy that has the ability to coach the female game at this level. It takes more than just coaching alone, you have to be able to handle the ladies as well. Not to mention his east coast connection, could create great recruiting chances. I just hope they figure it out fast.
Go Mustangs
Beavr10

Postby Bergermeister » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:48 pm

This is another opportunity for Orsini to put "his people" in place. No holdovers. That's the way you do it. He either knows or will find the perfect "fit" for SMU. And with a stadium makeover on the drawing board and a competitive salary (not to mention some pretty good talent already suited up), he'll make an attractive offer to get a good one.
Bergermeister

Postby Bergermeister » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:49 pm

This is another opportunity for Orsini to put "his people" in place. No holdovers. That's the way you do it. He either knows or will find the perfect "fit" for SMU. And with a stadium makeover on the drawing board and a competitive salary (not to mention some pretty good talent already suited up), he'll make an attractive offer to get a good one.
Bergermeister

Postby Oldkeeper » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:19 pm

I would think Stewart Brown has an inside edge since he recruited most of the girls the last two years, has the pedigree and the respect of the team as far as I can tell. There are no top coaches that have left positions to hire from but I guess there is a possibility to hire away from a top program on the asst. coach side.
Oldkeeper
Scout Team

Postby Bergermeister » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:56 am

Stewart Brown has wa-a-a-a-y too much baggage. Need all new people... like athletic administration and basketball... and the way it should have been in football.
Bergermeister

Postby Oldkeeper » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:05 pm

What baggage would that be? I don't know....just asking.
He comes from a small school but built it into a succesful program. Apparently did most of the administrative duties Coss didn't want to do, recruited, coached keepers for both teams and teaches. It would appear the fact that he is still there would mean the administration at least doesn't think he has done a bad job and has the best interest of the school in mind. He doesn't necessarily have to be the new coach but unless the new coach brings in his own staff why get rid of him?
(Berg must just be stirring the pot with no facts)

On another note has anyone heard who applied or who is interviewing? New coach is supposed to be annouced by the end of the month.
I know my rights, man.
Oldkeeper
Scout Team

Previous

Return to Other Sports