PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Conf. USA Lags in MLS Draft

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Conf. USA Lags in MLS Draft

Postby mustangbill67 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:36 am

Conference USA had only 3 players drafted in the 2007 MLS Super Draft as opposed to 14 from the ACC. Another reason, I guess, for so many top Dallas players going east.

PICKS CONFERENCE
14 ACC
7 Big East
5 WCC
4 Big West
4 Pac-10
3 Big West
3 Conference USA
2 CAA
2 Division II
2 Youth
1 Atlantic-10
1 Atlantic Sun
1 Ivy
1 Mid-American
1 MPSF
1 Southern
opposed to
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby EastStang » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:13 am

CUSA is getting better and has a lot of underclass talent. I am not sure that this year's senior class was the best group of players for this conference. The ACC and BE are more established soccer conferences. There were what six or seven ACC teams in the tournament and five BE teams. UCSB won the championship so they probably had some people noticed by the scouts. I think that as UK, USC, UCF, UAB, Memphis and Tulsa improve, CUSA will get noticed. I hope that UK, UCF, and USC start scheduling ACC and BE teams on a regular basis to help the conference RPI. Certainly USC and Clemson probably play every year and UCF -USF, UCF-Miami ought to play every year. I hope that we can start scheduling ACC and BE teams on a regular basis. I think though that they don't want to play us for obvious reasons. I know Hyndmann doesn't duck anyone because for example we played UNM on the road last year as well as UI. I think the ACC wants nothing to do with playing the Mustangs except in the tournament.
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby jkflamebo » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:20 pm

I do think that CUSA does have some underclass talent, ie Stephen Grant types. I would like to see a wake forest or maryland come to westcott next year instead of the centenary or brown
jkflamebo
Hall of Famer

Postby Hilltopper » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:16 pm

Brown's a damn good team. Beating them was a real accomplishment.
Hilltopper
All-American

Return to Other Sports