PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Pana Vazquez, soccer signee

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Pana Vazquez, soccer signee

Postby mustangbill67 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:15 pm

From this and other articles, it looks like Pana's main ambition is to make the Dynamo MLS team. I wonder if he will get to SMU and if he does how long we will keep him.

Dynamo's Walberto "Pana" Vazquez selected as the 'Athlete to Watch in 2007' by the Houston Chronicle

Houston Dynamo Media Relations

HOUSTON, TX - Walberto "Pana" Vazquez has yet another reason to look forward to a great 2007. Besides being selected as the first Houstonian to participate in the Dynamo Player Development System (DPDS), Vazquez has also been selected as the "Athlete to Watch in 2007" by the Houston Chronicle.
The Chronicle published his selection on Sunday, January 7, 2007.

"I feel proud and honored of being selected over so many other athletes in our city. This provides a great incentive for me to go out and perform. Hopefully, it is the first of many accomplishments for me as a member of the Dynamo Player Development System", said Vazquez.

"We are all very proud of his selection", said Dynamo Director of Youth Development James Clarkson. "I look forward to seeing him play, grow, and develop as the great player we feel that, with time, he will become."

Vazquez will have the opportunity to start playing for the DPDS' U-18 team in February.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Other Sports