PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

I know I'm going to regret this

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

I know I'm going to regret this

Postby EastStang » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:06 pm

But I haven't seen on SMU Mustangs site anything about women's golf this spring. I checked today and found some archived stuff which said that two senior's Akerson and Cross have been sidelined. Any idea if they'll return this spring in time for the CUSA championships? I really thought this might be a great year for our women's golf team.
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponyplayer » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:15 am

don`t regret it.................should of been a very promising year, Laura Cross is going to redshirt and come back next year. Jennifer Ackerson went out with a back injury, their freshman sat out the first two tournaments with another injury, 6 and 7 just not playing to potential. Look for a different result this Sunday/Monday.
ponyplayer
All-American

Postby ponyplayer » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:12 pm

women`s golf team placed third at the OU Tournament.

Lacey Jones was just announced as C-USA PLayer of the Week....................
ponyplayer
All-American

Postby PonyPride » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:19 pm

Jones Named C-USA Golfer Of The Year
April 11, 2007

IRVING (C-USA/SMU) - SMU junior Lacey Jones has been named the
Conference USA Women's Golfer of the Week, the league announced today.

Jones fought through tough final-round conditions to post a fourth-place finish at the Susie Maxwell Berning Classic at the 6,013-yard Jimmie Austin OU Golf Course in Norman, Okla. Jones carded rounds of 69-68-75 to lead her team to a third-place finish out of 18 teams, including two other conference foes. This is Jones' third Golfer of the Week honor this season (Oct. 18 & Nov. 1) and marks the seventh time an SMU women's golfer has been recognized in 2006-07 as Kate and Jennifer Ackerson have each won twice this season as well.

SMU returns to the links on April 20 at the Conference USA Championships.
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponyplayer » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:42 am

If you follow the team, they are heading to C-USA tournament without their #1 player, Lacey Jones is out with an injury..............someone get that coach some ulcer medicine........
ponyplayer
All-American

Return to Other Sports