PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Ramon Nuñez asks for trade

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Ramon Nuñez asks for trade

Postby PonyPride » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:41 pm

Midfielder Ramon Nuñez, who left SMU after his freshman year to go into the MLS Draft, has asked FC Dallas to trade him, according to the Dallas Morning News. The DMN says the team has talked to interested teams already and made no effort to talk the 21-year-old into staying. FC Dallas coach Steve Morrow said (basically) that if someone doesn't want to play for him, he doesn't want that player on his roster.

Apparently Nuñez got a little bent when he lost his starting job. He has three goals and two assists this year.
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby jkflamebo » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:03 am

he shouldn't be in the MLS, he should go to europe
jkflamebo
Hall of Famer

Postby Pony4Life » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:51 am

Europe? If he's upset about playing time in Dallas, he'll really be upset over there. He might not get on the field in practice sessions, if he went to a good league.

Nuñez has great technical skill, and might well be a tremendous player one day, maybe even a player who could play in one of the better European leagues. At the moment, he needs to work on his game here, where he can compete. He wasn't ready for MLS when he left SMU (at least two years too early, in my opinion), and based on this pouting report, I'm not sure he's even ready now. Hopefully, a change of scenery will serve him well, and he can mature into a great player — in MLS.
Pony4Life
Heisman

Postby jkflamebo » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:38 pm

the only thing i really got out of reading your post was that you have no idea what you're talking about. ramon nunez, or practically anyone for that matter of his age would benefit massively by playing anywhere in europe. he would compete. im not saying he'd be a star in the epl. bottom line you get better when u play with elite players i.e. NOT IN THE MLS
jkflamebo
Hall of Famer

Postby EastStang » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:03 pm

Speaking of Europe, I was having lunch in an Irish bar here in Virginia and they had an Italian league soccer game on. The ref disallowed a goal and the fans started throwing roman candles and lighted flares onto the field. The goalie got hit by one and got burned on the shoulder. I must admit, I've never seen anything like that before.
EastStang

Postby mrydel » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:52 pm

EastStang wrote:Speaking of Europe, I was having lunch in an Irish bar here in Virginia and they had an Italian league soccer game on. The ref disallowed a goal and the fans started throwing roman candles and lighted flares onto the field. The goalie got hit by one and got burned on the shoulder. I must admit, I've never seen anything like that before.

That could be fun. Anything in the Ford Stadium rules prohibiting roman candles?
mrydel

Postby mustangbill67 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:28 pm

I would go for red and blue smoke bombs in the stands.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby smu diamond m » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:18 pm

mrydel wrote:
EastStang wrote:Speaking of Europe, I was having lunch in an Irish bar here in Virginia and they had an Italian league soccer game on. The ref disallowed a goal and the fans started throwing roman candles and lighted flares onto the field. The goalie got hit by one and got burned on the shoulder. I must admit, I've never seen anything like that before.

That could be fun. Anything in the Ford Stadium rules prohibiting roman candles?
Sugar, saltpeter, and food coloring = colored smoke bomb
Sir, shooting-star, sir.
Frosh 2005 (TEN YEARS AGO!?!)
The original Heavy Metal.
smu diamond m
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonyPower » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:20 am

jkflamebo wrote:the only thing i really got out of reading your post was that you have no idea what you're talking about. ramon nunez, or practically anyone for that matter of his age would benefit massively by playing anywhere in europe. he would compete. im not saying he'd be a star in the epl. bottom line you get better when u play with elite players i.e. NOT IN THE MLS
You have a point, but so does Pony4Life. Yes, there's value in getting tested against the best, but if he gets relagated to the bench in MLS, how's he going to get on the field in Europe? He'd improve, somewhat, as a practice player, but I would think he'd improve more here — MLS talent might be lower, overall, but at least he'd get into games.

Wherever, I wish him the best.
PonyPower
All-American

Postby EastStang » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:17 pm

Try buying Saltpeter these days and DHS will be knocking on your door. So much for fun. I am a bit surprised that the word peter isn't deleted like that word that means a male chicken.
EastStang

Postby MustangStealth » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:33 pm

mrydel wrote:That could be fun. Anything in the Ford Stadium rules prohibiting roman candles?

Ford Stadium has a glorious history involving roman candles, dating back to the very first game against Navy.
MustangStealth
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Otto » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:11 pm

The first game in GJFord was against Kansas.
Otto
Heisman

Postby PK » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:33 pm

Yes, but the first game against Navy played in Ford stadium included fireworks. :?
PK

Postby mustangbill67 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:52 am

Looks like Ramon is going to be traded to Chivas USA for a draft pick.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Buddha » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:33 pm

Any idea what round?

He had a great gig. Played in college (briefly) in his hometown, and got a chance to play professionally in his hometown. He might appreciate having friends and family around more after he no longer has that luxury.
Buddha
All-American

Next

Return to Other Sports