PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

FC Dallas

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

FC Dallas

Postby redpony » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:33 pm

With FC Dallas being 0-2 for the start of the season and scoring only 1 goal I wonder if SH has had any second thoughts about leaving SMU. Or conversely, if the Hunt brothers have had second thoughts about hiring him. Realize that it is only the start of the season but IIRC he did not finish very strong with last years team.

GO PONIES!!!
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Hoofprint » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:20 pm

No way — he doesn't regret accepting the job, and the Hunt family thinks the world of Coach. He has been through ruts before — and longer than two games — and he's way too good of a coach to let this bother him. I'm not really familiar with the talent on his roster, other than Kenny Cooper and Bruno Guarda, but when he has the right pieces in place, he'll fix it.
Hoofprint
All-American

Postby redpony » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:39 am

I do not question that he is a good coach. However, I saw part of the last game on TV and the quality of play on both sides was very poor. I am really suprised that SH has not gotten his team to play better.

GO PONIES!!!
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mustangbill67 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:40 pm

i am a season ticket holder and I am willing to cut Schellas some slack for the time being. He has added new players and has had players injured or on suspension. It normally takes awhile for a team that is going through a transition to gel and start playing to its potential. If this team is still underachieving in August, then we can talk about solutions.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Other Sports