PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Colt Knost Update

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Colt Knost Update

Postby ontheedgeofmyseat » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:00 pm

"Word on the Street" is that Colt is certainly enjoying the "trappings" of his first year on the tour. Has TONS of talent, no doubt.....a transitional / maturity thing for him right now...stil wonder if he regrets his Masters strategy? Best of Luck to the young man....
ontheedgeofmyseat
Heisman

Postby EastStang » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:20 pm

It is a big transition. Travelling all the time, meeting hot golf groupies, the availability of drugs and guys going out for beers, I am sure that's tough for a 22 year old. And you see the casualties of that "life" on the tour. Hopefully, he gets it out of his system and does not fall into the trap that snared John Daley.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby smu diamond m » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:35 pm

John Daly ain't doing too bad...
Sir, shooting-star, sir.
Frosh 2005 (TEN YEARS AGO!?!)
The original Heavy Metal.
smu diamond m
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ontheedgeofmyseat » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:14 pm

EXACTLY!! EastStang....needs to get some of that out of his system.....Daly not doing toooo bad? Whatever Diamond M..a complete waste of talent imho...a tragic story.
ontheedgeofmyseat
Heisman

Postby mrydel » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:55 pm

smu diamond m wrote:John Daly ain't doing too bad...

Last report had him labeld as "toxic" after losing too much weight too fast. Serious condition that is threatening to get worse. He was dizzy, unable to concentrate, lost strength, and probably just felt overall pretty bad. I would not say he is doing ok. And that is just the latest story in his life.

That said, after apparently taking his weight problem seriously and supposedly trying to cut back on the drinking, maybe he can turn it around with the proper guidance and care. It just seems to me that he is on a clear path of self destruction. I wish him the best and he should be used as an example of what can happen when you let outside factors control your life.

I remember Raymond Floyd wasting away most of his young talent years with parties and drinking. He woke up, got his life and health in order and his career took off.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby mathman » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:30 pm

Raymond Floyd is a perfect example for Daly to follow. Floyd left a lot of money on the table in the early part of his career. Turned it around and did extremely well. I wouldn't rag Colt too much just yet. It has to be a tremendous adjustment for anyone to make.
When will I start feeling stimulated??
mathman
Heisman

Postby ponyscott » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:05 am

I played in a 3-club tournament last Thursday for Mike Madano's charity and Colt played for fun and won the gross with a 67 with only three clubs to play with...good guy and donated time and money to the cause that night.
ponyscott

Postby EastStang » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:13 am

So far, John Daly is a tragedy. He has the talent to be a top 5 player, year in and year out and has drank and snorted it away. Alcoholism and drug dependence are diseases, but with a little work they can be overcome. There is redemption in golf, but the clock will run out sooner or later, no matter how much talent you have. I am glad to see Daly is making strides to clean himself up.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:23 pm

Colt playing the Nationwide event this week and 1 under after round 1 (close to the cut line). Needs a good day tomorrow to make a paycheck this weekend
Charleston Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:48 pm

missed cut at plus 3
Charleston Pony

Previous

Return to Other Sports