PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Payne Stewart, SMU

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Payne Stewart, SMU

Postby expony18 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:28 pm

expony18
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby jtstang » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:47 pm

I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.
jtstang

Postby SMU89 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:51 pm

jtstang wrote:http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/colleges/smu/stories/061609dnsposmunote.445eeef.html

Excellent article by DMN.
SMU89

Postby jtstang » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:31 pm

SMU89 wrote:
jtstang wrote:http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/colleges/smu/stories/061609dnsposmunote.445eeef.html

Excellent article by DMN.

Yes, it tells you everything you need to know.
jtstang

Postby SMU89 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:45 pm

DMN article sounds like we had a tool shed delivered from Sears and the golf team is putting it together over the weekend.

Doesn't compare to the info in this article:

http://smumustangs.cstv.com/sports/m-go ... 09aaa.html

SMU Athletics broke ground today on the new SMU Payne Stewart Golf Learning Center at the Dallas Athletic Club (DAC). The groundbreaking starts construction on a center which will consist of three main components: a teaching facility that will feature two indoor hitting bays with state-of-the-art video swing analysis and a media-enhanced conference meeting room; a team clubhouse that will include men's and women's locker rooms, a Hall of Champions, coaches' offices and a study/computer center; and a four-hole short game course, planned by Chet Williams of Nicklaus Design that will create a multitude of practice stations for every conceivable lie or situation, and two large putting greens - one Bentgrass and one Bermuda.

"This golf complex will help our golf teams remain among the elite in collegiate golf while we maintain the high academic performance of our golf student-athletes," said SMU Director of Athletics Steve Orsini.

A partnership with the DAC will enable SMU to create this golf center that will exceed the standards of the country's other top golf programs. The facility also will be an instrumental component of SMU's successful recruitment of outstanding young golfers who will carry on the tradition Stewart established as a student-athlete and professional golfer.

SMU alumnus and two-time U.S. Open champion Payne Stewart envisioned a permanent golf course and practice facility for the University's golf program, then the one missing ingredient in SMU's quest to become a perennial top-25 golf program. His spirit and accomplishments, which he often attributed to his experience as an SMU athlete, will be memorialized by this facility.
SMU89

Postby jtstang » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:10 am

But then if you knew all that already why did the DMN need to expound on it for you?
jtstang

Postby SMU89 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:01 pm

I was thinking of you and others who might not be as knowledgeable.
SMU89

Postby SoCal_Pony » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:10 pm

For me, one of the greatest SMU moments EVER.

I kept that famous shot of Payne as my Desktop pic for years.

Good Stuff...
SoCal_Pony

Return to Other Sports