PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Volleyball: Jessica Oliver Selected To U.S. Volleyball Junio

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Volleyball: Jessica Oliver Selected To U.S. Volleyball Junio

Postby PonyPride » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:20 pm

Volleyball: Jessica Oliver Selected To U.S. Volleyball Junior A2 Program
Oliver will represent the United States in a junior division volleyball tournament

July 20, 2009

FT. LAUDERDALE, Fla. - After being selected to the U.S. Volleyball Junior A2 Program at the beginning of the summer, SMU sophomore Jessica Oliver will participate in the International Junior Division in the U.S. Volleyball High Performance Championships in Ft. Lauderdale Tuesday, July 21 through Saturday, July 25.

"This is a great opportunity, and I am extremely thankful that my coaches took the time to prepare me for this and send me to it. Everything is going really well, and I can't wait to bring the skills I learn here back to the Hilltop," Oliver said.

Oliver was one of 10 college athletes selected to participate in the program, which is run by USA Volleyball under the direction of head coach Jon Stevenson, head coach at Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo.

"We are all very proud of Jessica and excited that she was rewarded with this opportunity," says SMU head coach Lisa Seifert. "Playing in that environment should prove to be a valuable experience for her now and in the future."

The 6-foot-1 outside hitter and her team will compete against teams from the U.S., Italy, Puerto Rico and Canada during the competition. Oliver's first match will be at 10:15 a.m. Tuesday, July 21 against the Florida Region team. For more information on the competition and the Junior A2 Program, visit usavolleyball.org.

Jessica Oliver earned
a spot on the U.S.
Volleyball Junior A2
squad (photo by SMU
athletics).
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Other Sports