PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Milberger Joins Mustang Women's Golf Staff

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby PonyPride » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:41 pm

From SMUMustangs.com:

Aug. 4, 2009

DALLAS (SMU) - Former Oklahoma assistant Emily Milberger has been hired as SMU's new assistant women's golf coach, Head Coach Todd Selders announced Tuesday, August 4. Milberger spent the last three years as a coach at OU - two as an assistant coach and one as a graduate assistant - and was a member of the Sooner golf team from 2001-2005.

"I'm thrilled to be able to add someone with Emily's level of experience to my program," said Selders. "While at Oklahoma she had the opportunity to learn from a great coach, Carol Ludvigson. She understands what it takes to maintain a team at a championship-level and I know she'll help our program continue to grow and improve."

As a player, Milberger earned multiple honors both on and off the course. In 2003, Milberger was the Susie Maxwell Berning Classic Champion, and in 2005, she was named to the All-Big 12 second team and qualified individually for the NCAA Regional Championships. She was an NCGA All-American Scholar every year from 2002-2005, and was a three-time Academic All-Big 12 selection (2003-2005). In 2005, she was a recipient of the Prentice Gautt Postgraduate Scholarship.

"I'm excited to join the SMU family," said Milberger. "Coach Selders has established a solid foundation here on the Hilltop, and with our new SMU Payne Stewart Golf Learning Center at the DAC, I am confident that we can be a top-25 program and compete for National Championships."

The Olathe, Kan., graduated in 2005 with a business marketing degree and added a master's degree in adult and higher education with an emphasis in intercollegiate athletics administration from Oklahoma in 2007.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Other Sports