PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

What are the chances...

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

What are the chances...

Postby Oldkeeper » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:17 pm

...of a winning season for the women's soccer team? ...and why do you think so?
I know my rights, man.
Oldkeeper
Scout Team

Re: What are the chances...

Postby indianmustang » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:12 pm

season starts today
Mustang from India
indianmustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby redblue08 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:25 pm

Chances are excellent for the following reasons... the non-conference schedule is easier overall than last year; the team has added some excellent freshman talent; despite tonight's shutout, the team will score more goals than last year; last year saw a couple of costly late goals not likely to re-occur. My prediction is the sixth and final spot in the conference tournament.
redblue08

Postby indianmustang » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:40 pm

looks like they lost the opening match
Mustang from India
indianmustang

Postby Oldkeeper » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:32 pm

This will be the beginning of the end. To lose to Oral Roberts is...pitiful. This does not bode well for the lady 'stangs. I wish them all the best but I fear the worst.
I know my rights, man.
Oldkeeper
Scout Team

Postby pony717 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Then come out and support 'em.
pony717
Recruit

Postby redpony » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:15 pm

Oldkeeper wrote:This will be the beginning of the end. To lose to Oral Roberts is...pitiful. This does not bode well for the lady 'stangs. I wish them all the best but I fear the worst.

No reason to have expectations. The mob boss has sold our sports programs (excepting football) down the river. i.e. Brent Erwin is his buddy. Erwin never had a winning season at UCF. He needs to go back to coaching little girls teams. Orsini hired TMc for the men's team because he was a 'K-mart special' and would not cost us much money. The men's results speak for themselves- first time in many years we were not a major player in the year end tournament. In fact we did very poorly in CUSA. And then there is our 'retread' BBall coach. Another of Orsini's buddies. In three years here Doh's record in an embarassment.
As we have hope of coming out of 'football hell' it seems that we are heading into it in other sports.
Sad, sad, sad.

GO PONIES!!!
redpony

Return to Other Sports