PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Soccer vs Colorado College

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Soccer vs Colorado College

Postby August » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:11 pm

Well, this looks bad early on. Just 4 minutes into the game and we're down 0-2 and haven't taken a shot yet. Might be a very long afternoon.

Live stats are at http://www.coloradocollege.edu/webcasts ... /xlive.htm
Don't confuse me with the facts; I've made up my mind.
August
Junior Varsity

Re: Soccer vs Colorado College

Postby August » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:54 pm

Brutalized again - we lost 4-1, outshot 23-8. The only categories we led in were offsides and fouls. We face UTEP Sunday.
August
Junior Varsity

Postby redpony » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:56 pm

The slaughter continues!!!

GO PONIES!!!
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby redpony » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:12 pm

Colorado College is completely unranked and is 4-3-1 on the year. Hardly a major powerhouse!! Will this program be able to get turned around before we get a new coach??

GO PONIES!!!
redpony

Postby Higher Authority » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:22 am

redpony wrote:The slaughter continues!!!

GO PONIES!!!

Tagging "GO PONIES!!!" at the end of your post hardly disguises how much you seem to enjoy the team struggle.
"Mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in .... next to soccer."
— "Loki" in the movie Dogma
Higher Authority
All-American

Postby redpony » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:31 am

Higher Authority wrote:Tagging "GO PONIES!!!" at the end of your post hardly disguises how much you seem to enjoy the team struggle.

How stupid! This team has been outscored 10-1 in the last two games. They have honestly not even been competitive. I get no happiness out of seeing ANY of our teams lose. Especially teams that used to be national contenders.
IMHO this program is in real trouble. I believe they have talent (or had talent). The obvious question is why aren't they winning or even playing better?? This program definitely needs to get back on track. If they continue playing like they have been they will end up at the bottom of C-USA instead of the top. :evil:

GO PONIES!!!
redpony

Postby redpony » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:35 am

August wrote:Brutalized again - we lost 4-1, outshot 23-8. The only categories we led in were offsides and fouls. We face UTEP Sunday.

UTEP is 7-2-0 and is in the top tier of the conference. Our women's team is going to have to turn it around or this game will be another lopsided embarassment.

GO PONIES!!!
redpony

Postby August » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:21 pm

I don't think UTEP has been tested this year and we beat them 1-0 last season - one of our very few conference wins. Historically they've been big and athletic but hopefully it will be a good match. The coach needs to pull off a win to right the ship before too many more games go by. The talent is there on the team, he just hasn't figured out how to put it together on the field and the clock is ticking.
August
Junior Varsity

Postby redpony » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:04 pm

UTEP beat Tulsa and is 2-0 away. I hope we can get a victory but suspect that UTEP may lay another lopsided score on this team.

GO PONIES!!!
redpony

Return to Other Sports