PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Mo. State drops men's soccer

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Mo. State drops men's soccer

Postby redpony » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:35 am

Missouri St. beat the men's soccer team 3-1 on Sunday afternoon. Season not starting very strong for the men's team.

GO PONIES!!!
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Mo. State drops men's soccer

Postby mustangbill67 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:19 am

I believe this was a non-conference game. Nonetheless something seems wrong considering the talent on this team. Hopefully, they can get it together.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby gk00dad » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:19 pm

45 minutes of good soccer. As soon as they got scored on they fell apart. Guys seemed to quit playing for each other the moment the going got tough. This team has so much talent but they just are not consistant and refuse to play as a team for 90 minutes
gk00dad
Junior Varsity

Postby redpony » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:26 am

gk00dad wrote:45 minutes of good soccer. As soon as they got scored on they fell apart. Guys seemed to quit playing for each other the moment the going got tough. This team has so much talent but they just are not consistant and refuse to play as a team for 90 minutes

Although the coach can not get out on the field and play for them I believe it is his responsibility to motivate the players and create a winning attitude. I think JJ faced a similar problem last year in that most of the players were used to losing and hence, had a losing attitude. It seems like this has permeated the soccer team as well. Any ideas??

GO PONIES!!!
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Other Sports