PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

How low will they go?

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: How low will they go?

Postby neustang » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:40 am

Redpony you seem to be out of the loop about the current status of the inner workings of this team. Meagan's purpose is to help the coach behave in an appropriate manner and do damage control when he doesn't. If she is there to help the girls get over their mental blocks it hasn't taken hold yet or maybe she hasn't had the opportunity to do so yet. I hope she does soon, for the girls sakes, because the mental blocks are building up with each loss.
neustang

Postby Oldkeeper » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:41 am

It is the head coaches job to get the best out of his players by whatever effective means possible. He lacks this quality. His style of motivation is what has gotten him reprimanded the last two years.

I believe the sports psychologist was Bill Beswick that was brought in last year and again this year. Bill was/is the sports psychologist for the English National Team.
I know my rights, man.
Oldkeeper
Scout Team

Postby neustang » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:42 am

Oldkeeper you too are out of the loop! Yes Bill has come several times and is wonderful. He provides some respite for the girls but Meagan is someone who is hired full time for the program, as an assistant coach. Take a look at the website. Those of you out of the loop making posts are losing your credibility.
neustang

Postby Oldkeeper » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:46 am

You are correct but as you stated I believe that Meagan's primary purpose is to help the coach behave in an appropriate manner and do damage control when he doesn't. Hopefully she's helping on the other front as well.
I know my rights, man.
Oldkeeper
Scout Team

Postby redpony » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:35 pm

neustang wrote:Redpony you seem to be out of the loop about the current status of the inner workings of this team. Meagan's purpose is to help the coach behave in an appropriate manner and do damage control when he doesn't.

NS- you are correct. I seem to be somewhat out of the loop regarding asst. coaches etc. I mainly focus on what is happening on the field and if they win or lose. I find it odd that you would have an asst. coach as your 'mental conditioning' coach. I would think it would be more effective if the 'mental conditioning' coach were not involved in day-to-day coaching and somewhat removed from the daily 'politics' of the situation. Much like a strength and conditioning coach... good communications with the other coaches but not involved in team activities.
We all hope that both soccer programs will get turned around post haste but I feel less optimistic about the women's program.

Here in South America people would laugh at the idea of a 'mental conditioning' coach. The young players here are always up and ready to play as it is one of the few ways they can remove themselves poverty and earn a better style of living. Different strokes for different folks-right?

GO PONIES!!!
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby RealSMUfan » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:32 pm

Nice win tonight over a team that beat us last year! The stangs outshot and outplayed rice! Congrats to the girls and coaches
RealSMUfan
Recruit

Postby Pony4Life » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:04 am

Oldkeeper wrote:You are correct but as you stated I believe that Meagan's primary purpose is to help the coach behave in an appropriate manner and do damage control when he doesn't. Hopefully she's helping on the other front as well.

This is just silly. If Coach Erwin was to "misbehave," Coach Surrency doesn't have the authority to "control" him. He's her boss. She's an assistant coach, who happens to have another area of expertise. From what I've heard, the players seem to like her.

Way to go shutting out Rice.
Fountain of youth
Giver of truth
Six parts gin
One part vermouth
Pony4Life
Heisman

Previous

Return to Other Sports