PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Volleyball starts CUSA play

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Volleyball starts CUSA play

Postby George S. Patton » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:13 pm

Lost at UTEP 3-0. Lost at Tulane 3-2.
George S. Patton

Re: Volleyball starts CUSA play

Postby redpony » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:00 pm

GSP- how do you expect them to do this year? Are you satified with LS as coach? Just curious.

GO PONIES!!!
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby George S. Patton » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:56 pm

I think everybody knows how what I think about this. Lisa Siefert's career record and accomplishments at SMU speak for themselves.

But according to some, being extremely average with no skins on the wall is good enough for them.

If SMU is going to get serious about volleyball, then a coaching change is needed. If SMU doesn't care, then just keep it as is and we'll just let the volleyball players run around and do stuff.

You would think after 14 years, that's enough of a timeframe to fairly judge whether the coach has done what is necessary to make this program better.

I don't know. Maybe nobody else wants this job.

I think all of us should feel insulted when the SID threw out that press release a couple of weeks ago when the current head coach won her 200th game. Of course, they didn't want you to know that she had already surpassed 200 losses.

I'm sorry I'm irritating the volleyball players/coaches/and loyal program fans on this subject. But you know what folks, this is program is what it is -- very average.
George S. Patton

Postby Buddha » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:24 am

Because of your claims to have such an in-depth knowledge of the sports journalism, surely you know that it is not the job of a Sports Information Department to highlight losses. It is a public relations arm in the organization that is the athletic department. Its job is to highlight accomplishments, awards and accolades. Besides, if they did issue a release about a milestone loss, they would have to qualify that by pointing out which seasons were the first of the program, when seasons were hurt because of key injuries, etc. — all facts the naysayers would dismiss as unimportant.

Yet we didn't hear one peep from you about the volleyball team when the Mustangs won seven straight. Shocking.

Rants this transparent are tired and weak.
Buddha
All-American

Postby George S. Patton » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:16 pm

Based on the 10-1 pix of the great Carly Bergquist I'm in full support of the volleyball team.
Last edited by George S. Patton on Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
George S. Patton

Postby redpony » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:24 pm

George S. Patton wrote:Based on the 10-1 pix of the great Kelly Berquist I'm in full support of the volleyball team.

GSP- I don't think she needs a 'supporter". :D :D

GO PONIES!!!
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby George S. Patton » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:15 am

Ya know I don't give a flip what Lisa Siefert does here anymore. All I ask is that she continue to bring the extremely hot to this campus because that's what it's all about.
George S. Patton

Return to Other Sports