PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Men's soccer drills Centenary

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Men's soccer drills Centenary

Postby Corso » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:46 pm

Very nice effort tonight. Three goals from Saintus in a 4-1 win (and their goal was a garbage goal in the last minute). Centenary isn't exactly Maryland or Wake Forest or something, but the Ponies played a hell of a lot better tonight.
Corso
Hall of Famer

Re: Men's soccer drills Centenary

Postby smusoccer » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:04 pm

I just can't believe it's come to this... being excited we beat Centenary. Don't get me wrong I am glad we won but this used to be a game where we rested starters and got bench players some playing time. I really hope we can build on this, but a goal in the 90th minute shows no heart by a team that used to have so much pride about shutting teams out.

Pony Up!
"Whatever it takes"
smusoccer
Recruit

Postby redpony » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:19 am

Glad that we finally got on the winning side of the ledger. Let's keep up the wins and show that we can finish strong.

GO PONIES!!!
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Dark Horse » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:11 pm

smusoccer wrote:I just can't believe it's come to this... being excited we beat Centenary. Don't get me wrong I am glad we won but this used to be a game where we rested starters and got bench players some playing time. I really hope we can build on this, but a goal in the 90th minute shows no heart by a team that used to have so much pride about shutting teams out.

Pony Up!

Take a deep breath there. Yes, the goal in the last minute was unfortunate, but it was a little fluky (some pinball action in the penalty box — off a corner, I think) against an SMU defense that was without two starting defenders (Leone Cruz sat out the game, and T.J. Nelson left the game with an injury).

Plus, I didn't take the original post as "being excited we beat Centenary" — just that it beats losing, tying, etc., and that it showed a marked improvement over some other performances. Or at least that's how I saw the game.
Dark Horse
All-American

Postby redpony » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:00 pm

Friday should be a good test for them as they play Memphis. Memphis is at the top of C-USA with an overall record of 4-1-2. Should give us a good guideline as to how far this team has/or has not risen. Best of luck Friday.

GO PONIES!!!
redpony

Postby PonyPride » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:41 pm

The men play Memphis at 5 PM Sunday.

The women host Rice at 7 PM Friday and Houston at 2:30 Sunday before the men's game against Memphis.

With all that said, yes — Memphis is a very good team.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/

threads.com/ponyfans_staff
PonyPride

Postby smusoccer » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:47 am

Plus, I didn't take the original post as "being excited we beat Centenary" — just that it beats losing, tying, etc., and that it showed a marked improvement over some other performances.

I wasn't trying to take a jab at you, I just wanted to keep us in check so we don't get our hopes up for the next game. I'm pumped we won, but Memphis will be a good indicator on how we will do in CUSA.

"Whatever it takes"
"Whatever it takes"
smusoccer
Recruit

Return to Other Sports