PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

W Soccer: SMU 1 houston 1

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

W Soccer: SMU 1 houston 1

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:51 pm

Tough tie for the Mustangs in the rain today.

Fortunate to escape with a tie considering UH had a couple of great chances for the win at the end of the second overtime.

It sure looks like the team is trying to turn the corner but they are definitely going to have to step it up a notch if they want to make the CUSA tournament.

Lauren Shepherd continues to look great out there. Fantastic throw-ins from the left side all game long.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: W Soccer: SMU 1 houston 1

Postby mustangbill67 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:08 pm

Watched game on TV. We failed to convert numerous scoring chances. Gave up a late goal and nearly lost it in OT.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: W Soccer: SMU 1 houston 1

Postby RealSMUfan » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:06 pm

Actually the one "real" opportunity the cougars had they scored on....otherwise we played well. It looks like Peabody pulled a muscle or something but I think we outplayed Houston the entire time. I like the 4-3-3 but at times the center mids didnt' win the balls like they should have. The back line played great! Cox, Eidson, Shephard and Taylor did great ( I like that freshmen Taylor...she is scrappy). I feel we need more size in the midfield.....Briggs did a great job as did Mallory. The forwards put a lot of pressure on their backs and had some GREAT shots!

Could we have won that game.....YES! But this is the first weekend we didn't lose a game......next weekend.....if we continue to improve....I see 2 wins!!!!

I watched the girls practice on Saturday also and they train hard and everyone is positive!!! I see the season turning around!!!
RealSMUfan
Recruit

Return to Other Sports