PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Women lose 1-0 to Marshall

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Women lose 1-0 to Marshall

Postby Oldkeeper » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:57 am

To confirm his decision to let him go??
I know my rights, man.
Oldkeeper
Scout Team

Postby futbolfan » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:52 pm

UGH
Last edited by futbolfan on Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
futbolfan

Postby Oldkeeper » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:59 pm

I admit I know of several injuries in the last two years that have been mistreated and blame lies with trainer and BE in 4 of the 5 I know of.
I know my rights, man.
Oldkeeper
Scout Team

Postby futbolfan » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:31 pm

Let me rephrase my statement, A case can be made for the re-injury of players due to decisions made by the coach. Putting girls on a rehab program of high intensity with a goal of having them return to the game in five months is unadvised and contrary to current medical knowledge. The physiologic structure of women's lower extremities makes them more vulnerable to knee injuries than men. Up to 10x's more likely. The healing process is not complete until 12 months. Doing extensive rehabilitation with in the first three to four months puts extreme stress on the hardware that are holding the joint together before the body has had a chance to ossify the repaired interfaces of bone, tendon and ligament. This leads to a weakened, less stable repair later on. At approximately five months, the surgically implanted tendon in the knee is at it's weakest point structurally as it basically has dried out and the revascularization of the repaired tendon is not yet complete. This puts the tendon in jeopardy of tears that will weaken it in the future. I am disappointed at the treatment of the girls with what seems to be little regard to them as people and players. They seem to be replaceable cogs, with no names or faces, little concern for their health, as exidenced by his comments to players during practice. and their life after soccer. I believe this is why the girls don't stay, so until BE leaves, expect more of the same.
futbolfan

Postby redpony » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:03 pm

That type of treatment for our student-athletes is totally unacceptable. :x

GO PONIES!!!
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponytony » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:56 pm

You people are insane.
ponytony
Recruit

Postby RealSMUfan » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:35 pm

BE does NOT make decisions about the girls treatment.........there is a FULL TIME training staff that takes care of ALL SMU athletes. Injuries happen in sports and sometime MRI's don't pick up everything....so stop blaming BE for JR's injuries. He was just as devestated that she isn't playing. I just wish those that don't have a clue........95% of you posters.....would just keep all your negative comments to yourself. This site is titled.........ponyFANS.....which means FANS of the team. Start your own site called ponyhaters if all you have to spew is negativity!!!!
RealSMUfan
Recruit

Postby redpony » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:24 pm

RealSMUfan wrote: I just wish those that don't have a clue........95% of you posters.....would just keep all your negative comments to yourself. This site is titled.........ponyFANS.....which means FANS of the team. Start your own site called ponyhaters if all you have to spew is negativity!!!!

RSMF- you are full of Peruna poop!. Based upon your comments and logic any person who complained about our football team losing for over 20 years is a 'hater' and not a fan. How absolutely stupid!!. Those of us who express dismay over the miserable performance of our soccer teams are not haters but people who care enough about the progam to want its' problems corrected. I would suggest that you review the performance of these teams for the last couple of years and compare it to previous years. You will see how far these programs have fallen. We have talented players- the obvious problem is with the coaches who fail to motivate, strategize and treat players as student-athletes instead of a 'piece of meat'.
You are obviously a neophyte when it comes to college athletics. Please tell me what college sports programs you participated in and when. Although very trite- the phrase 'just win baby' tells it all.
If a coach can't continue a nationally recognized winning program after he has inherited it he needs to go elsewhere.

Sorry that your dad,uncle, brother, cousin or whatever relative one of these coaches is to you has proven to be an incompetent failure at coaching here. I hope he is more successful at his next coaching engagement.

GO PONIES!!!
redpony

Postby mustangbill67 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:44 pm

I have a different opinion concerning the state of the women's program as opposed to the men's. The men's program is and was talent rich but so far is going nowhere under McClements. As to BE, his team is young, plays hard and has been unlucky in some games. Has he lost some players, yes but that is to be expected with a new coach and new system. Many of the posters who continually complain about him are the same ones who have done so ever since he got here and especially during his first season when they believed players from the old regime were not being treated fairly or were unhappy with the change in coaching philosophy. The key to me is not whether we win or lose this season (although wins would be helpful), but whether BE has shown the ability to recruit well, whether he is a good motivator, whether he is a good practice and game coach and formost whether the women's team is making positive progress. This can be evaluated after the season.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby redpony » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:17 am

mustangbill67 wrote: Many of the posters who continually complain about him are the same ones who have done so ever since he got here and especially during his first season when they believed players from the old regime were not being treated fairly or were unhappy with the change in coaching philosophy. The key to me is not whether we win or lose this season (although wins would be helpful), but whether BE has shown the ability to recruit well, whether he is a good motivator, whether he is a good practice and game coach and formost whether the women's team is making positive progress. This can be evaluated after the season.

MB67- With all due respect, I guess we can agree to disagree. I was not posting on this board when BE came here and do not know any of those circumstances so I was not biased toward the prior coach.
BE has not improved this program. In 2006 (under the old coach) our record was 18-5-1 and we lost in the second round of the NCAA tournament. Now, BE's record- 2007: 9-8-1, 2008:7-13-1, 2009 (to date) 4-8-1. Do you really believe this record is positive progress? You state that winning is not important. Sorry, but I read your posts on the football forum so I know that you want wins. Why would winning not be important in all sports? This is BE's third year here and there has been no positive progress. In addition, from what I read there have been many player issues etc. that have clouded his tenure here. I honestly think it is time for a change. I hope to speak with SO about this personally on my next visit to Dallas.

GO PONIES!!!
redpony

Postby mustangbill67 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:33 am

You are not one of the posters I was referring to. I know there was a group of people back in the 2007 season who were very unhappy with BE some of whom regularly posted and who continue to post. I can only speculate on their motives.

As to BE, I feel, based on what I know, that he is a victim of circumstances and that he should be given the chance to show what he can do with his current crop of young players. I admit I do not have any inside information about his recrutiing ability concerning women players, coaching techniques, his ability to motivate his players or team morale. SO does a post-season evaluation of all his coaches every year. If he sees that no progress is being made in the women's program or if team morale is in shambles as some would suggest, hopefully at that point a change will be made.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponytony » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:49 am

redpony wrote:In addition, from what I read...

You're kidding, right? From what you read?... HERE?????
ponytony
Recruit

Postby RealSMUfan » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:58 pm

I could careless about the football team....I am a soccer fan. I played Div. 1 College Soccer and I have coached at all levels. The difference is I know what good soccer looks like, I know who the good coaches are and I know real fans are............you sir are not a Fan of SMU soccer. You are obviously a disgruntled father whose little daughter didn't get her way in the SMU program. You spoiled your daugther telling her how good she was and when she wasn't....and she actually had to work....you blamed the coach. I feel sorry for you and your pathetic life!!!!
RealSMUfan
Recruit

Postby PonyPride » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:36 pm

neustang wrote:FYI, curiously, SO was at the game against Marshall. So he must have been there for some reason? Any guesses out there?

Sure — he's the director of athletics. He has been at a lot of soccer games every year he has been at SMU.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride

Postby redpony » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:11 am

RealSMUfan wrote:I could careless about the football team....I am a soccer fan. I played Div. 1 College Soccer and I have coached at all levels. You are obviously a disgruntled father whose little daughter didn't get her way in the SMU program. You spoiled your daugther telling her how good she was and when she wasn't....and she actually had to work....you blamed the coach.

First- please identify your class A coaching license number (you can pm if you prefer).

Second- since you coached at ALL levels please tell us what professional team you coached and during what years. If you really coached at anything higher than a 9 year old level then you would know and realize that coaches get fired when they fail to perform and do not produce winning teams.

Third- none of my daughters played soccer so you are wrong on that count also.

Lastly- you are the one who is not a real SMU fan as you claim. Real SMU fans support all of our sports. I suspect you are just a soccer junkie who is a shill for the athletic dept. or for the coach.

Living in South America I can probably watch (on TV) as many as 10 different soccer matches on any given day. Those include matches in La Liga, Serie A, English FA, UEFA, Bundisliga as well as the many leagues in S.A. So after many years of watching teams of all levels play (kids to professionals) I feel I know a little about what good soccer and good soccer tactics are.

GO PONIES!!!
redpony

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports