PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Women's soccer in 9th place

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Women's soccer in 9th place

Postby redpony » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:06 pm

The women's soccer team is currently in 9th place in CUSA. Obviously there is little chance for making the conference tournament. :x Let's hope a coaching change is made very soon. :)

GO PONIES!!!
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Women's soccer in 9th place

Postby August » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:09 pm

We have 5 games left so making the tournament is certainly not mathematically impossible, we just need some good wins and a little good luck.
Don't confuse me with the facts; I've made up my mind.
August
Junior Varsity

Postby redpony » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:14 pm

Correct- not impossible but highly improbable. We would probably need to win out and have some of the teams above us lose one or two games.

GO PONIES!!!
redpony

Postby pony717 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:05 pm

redpony wrote:Correct- not impossible but highly improbable. We would probably need to win out and have some of the teams above us lose one or two games.

GO PONIES!!!

Three wins the rest of the way should do it. That would put us at 5-5-1 which should get us in.
pony717
Recruit

Postby redpony » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:07 pm

The results today and Sunday should tell us a lot about their chances to make the tourney. Lose both and if the other teams win I think we are out. Hoping for a win each of the rest of our games but I am not overly optimistic based on past results. I think Memphis and UCF will be losses, UAB is a possible win and So. Miss and Tulsa should be wins. Only So. Miss is ranked lower than we are. We might move up past Tulsa but I doubt if we get much higher than that.

GO PONIES!!!
redpony

Return to Other Sports