PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

women's soccer

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: women's soccer

Postby August » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:29 pm

I didn't see that game but what does that make us if a 'pathetic' team beat us? The best is unlucky and it goes downhill from there.

No matter. It's just unfortunate that we aren't in control of our destiny.
Don't confuse me with the facts; I've made up my mind.
August
Junior Varsity

Postby ponytony » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:50 pm

It doesn't make us anything.

Yes, it is unfortunate. But when we win, we win as a team. And when we lose, we lose as a team. And that includes every player, coach, trainer, and equipment manager.

Marshall is very capable of losing to ECU.
ponytony
Recruit

Postby Balatro Diabolus Ex » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:48 am

August wrote:I didn't see that game but what does that make us if a 'pathetic' team beat us? .

Lollygaggers.
Balatro Diabolus Ex
All-American

Postby PonyPride » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:26 am

Ponies played well tonight, one of their best overall efforts of the season.

Logan May's goal, which proved to be the game-winner, might have been the best goal of the year, or at least of the home part of the schedule. She picked a ball out of the air and blasted a shot over the goalie and just under the crossbar, hitting it so hard from about 25 (?) yards out that the keeper barely moved before it was in the back of the net. Sensational shot by Logan.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby redpony » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:48 am

August wrote: It's just unfortunate that we aren't in control of our destiny.

We were in control of our destiny from the first whistle of the first game and just did not get the job done.
Perhaps if we miss the tournament it will raise enough eyebrows that those with authority will make the necessary changes to get this program back on track.

GO PONIES!!!
redpony

Postby Pony Up » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:36 am

There will be no changes in soccer this offseason, regardless of what happens between now and the end of the season.
Proud to be a PonyFan
Pony Up
All-American

Postby redpony » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:44 am

Pony Up wrote:There will be no changes in soccer this offseason, regardless of what happens between now and the end of the season.

And your justification for that comment is?
I realize that SO has no incentive to see that the men's and women's soccer programs are successful but it is a travesty to see these once great and successful programs destroyed by inept coaching and an AD that cares less about them.

GO PONIES!!!
redpony

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:53 am

Any news on Lauren Shepherd's injury?

If she is out it probably doesn't really matter if we advance to the tournament.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby pony717 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:44 pm

redpony wrote:Perhaps if we miss the tournament it will raise enough eyebrows that those with authority will make the necessary changes to get this program back on track.

You remind me of a parrot. If by "necessary changes" you mean replacing the coach, you can forget that. It's not going to happen, nor should it. I found this post by oldkeeper in a thread dated Jan. 30, 2007 in which Erwin's return was announced. An endorsement by oldkeeper is good enough for me.

by Oldkeeper » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:24 am

"Brent Erwin is driven to succeed. Or at least he convinced me."
pony717
Recruit

Postby PonyPride » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:50 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:Any news on Lauren Shepherd's injury?

If she is out it probably doesn't really matter if we advance to the tournament.

Not sure. She was helped off the field in the first half and didn't return last night, although she looked like she was getting around OK — I think she even warmed up before the second half, but with a 2-0 lead, they decided to try to hold her out, and it worked out.

You're right that it would be a big loss if she can't go. Since moving back to defense, she has added value smarts and athleticism back there, and she has greatly increased the team's ability to build out of the back because of her speed and experience taking on players one-on-one from her days as a forward.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride

Postby redpony » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:48 pm

[quote="pony717'] You remind me of a parrot. If by "necessary changes" you mean replacing the coach, you can forget that. It's not going to happen, nor should it. [quote]

And you remind me of the other dumba$$ sunshiners on this forum who love to think that it is wonderful to lose. The women's coach has trashed this program and you can not deny his record at SMU is one of a complete loser. After three years he has to depend on other teams winning or losing to get to a conference tournament. How pathetic! There have many posts comparing his record to that of the prior coaches and it is obvious he has not been successful here.
Yes, changes may not be made because SO has sold out on all of the budgets for non-rev sports to support football and men's basketball. My granddaughter was recently offered a full scholarship to SMU in a non-rev sport (not soccer) and I told her to take the Stanford offer because they were commited to success and SMU was not.

I suspect that few posters here realize how long it will take a good coach to rebuild the damage that has been done here by SO's incompetent friend.

GO PONIES!!!
redpony

Postby pony717 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:03 pm

Here's another post by oldkeeper. This one is regarding the departure of the prior coach Cossaboon.

by Oldkeeper » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:19 am

Not sure why he left but it may have been coming at least for this season. He wasn't really involved in any recruiting. I know a recruit that came in for an official visit and only met Coss once. It seems he and the AD did not get along and he had some sort of bad rap with the players or at least wasn't well liked.
pony717
Recruit

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:27 pm

PonyPride wrote:
DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:Any news on Lauren Shepherd's injury?

Not sure. She was helped off the field in the first half and didn't return last night, although she looked like she was getting around OK — I think she even warmed up before the second half, but with a 2-0 lead, they decided to try to hold her out, and it worked out.

You're right that it would be a big loss if she can't go. Since moving back to defense, she has added value smarts and athleticism back there, and she has greatly increased the team's ability to build out of the back because of her speed and experience taking on players one-on-one from her days as a forward.

Thanks! I hope she is OK!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby pony717 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:35 pm

redpony wrote:My granddaughter was recently offered a full scholarship to SMU in a non-rev sport (not soccer) and I told her to take the Stanford offer because they were commited to success and SMU was not.

That's great news! Does that mean you'll be taking your ignorant and/or crazy posts to the Stanford message board?
pony717
Recruit

Postby Oldkeeper » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:35 pm

[quote="pony717 I found this post by oldkeeper in a thread dated Jan. 30, 2007 in which Erwin's return was announced. An endorsement by oldkeeper is good enough for me.

by Oldkeeper » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:24 am

"Brent Erwin is driven to succeed. Or at least he convinced me."[/quote]

Good pick up pony717...he was and probably is still driven to succeed, unfortunately he does not have the wherewithall or skills to do it. I have found that his rah rah comments and bravado are a front. He is quick to blame others for his mistakes and does little to motivate players beyond bullying. I believed his spiel in the beginning but no more. Fool me once....
I know my rights, man.
Oldkeeper
Scout Team

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports