PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

women's soccer

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: women's soccer

Postby mustangxc » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:32 pm

You still have to recognize how far our soccer program's have fallen since the departures of JC and SH! I think we may need to consider dropping men's soccer unless we get this straightened out in a year or 2. After all the only reason for having a men's soccer team over baseball or track and field is because few schools field teams making it much easier to be ranked. Take out positive results and track is much more important as it helps recruit the type of football player June Jones likes in his system. Baseball is just a better fit in the southwest than soccer. Just my 2 cents. For the record, I definitely want to see it get turned around and hopefully bring back track and add baseball. It just upsets me that we dropped a perennially top 10 men's track and field program and meanwhile we have to put up with the garbage that has become SMU soccer the last few years.
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Oldkeeper » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:40 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:How unfair to say we "backed our way into the tournament"!

Everybody plays the same number of games and whoever has the most points makes it.

It's not our fault their final conference game was scheduled after ours.

If they would have lost on Wednesday and we won on Thursday you would say we "won our way into the tournament"!

We have the points and we earned it!

Hopefully we will be healthy.

Go Ponies!

Dan...absolutley right. I believe the point is we shouldn't be in a posistion that we have to wait on a result of another team. The point is we've never won more than 8 game a season (and that was the first year). BE has proven ineffective. If he's not removed then the AD has proven himself ineffective.
I know my rights, man.
Oldkeeper
Scout Team

Postby newmustangfan » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:53 pm

The prior coach refused to recruit and the current coach inherited a team on the brink of decline. In his three years here, the team has gone from 9th place to 8th place to 6th place. No conference title yet, but I like the trend.
newmustangfan
Scout Team

Postby Oldkeeper » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:04 pm

The current coach has gone from 8 wins to 6 wins to 7 wins....I don't like the trend. :oops:
I know my rights, man.
Oldkeeper
Scout Team

Postby newmustangfan » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:23 pm

The current coach doesn't seek your approval or he would play Houston Baptist, Weber State, Texas State, and Texas Women's University as did TCU, instead of Portland, Oklahoma State and Califormia.
newmustangfan
Scout Team

Postby Higher Authority » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:38 am

Oldkeeper wrote:The current coach has gone from 8 wins to 6 wins to 7 wins....I don't like the trend. :oops:

You'd prefer we had won fewer than six games this year?
The Ponies are playing a lot better now than at the beginning of the season. Hopefully we can continue that trend against Memphis.
GO MUSTANGS!
"Mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in .... next to soccer."
— "Loki" in the movie Dogma
Higher Authority
All-American

Previous

Return to Other Sports