PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU UCF Tie 3-3 Men's Soccer

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU UCF Tie 3-3 Men's Soccer

Postby mustangbill67 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:45 pm

SMU had to score 2 goals in the last 5 minutes of regulation to end up tieing UCF 3-3. The tie leaves SMU with 8 points with 2 games to play against Kentucky and Fla I. If we win both games, we will qualify for the final conf USA playoff spot. There are some other possibilities for us qualifying but two wins is the only sure way. The big game with be Kentucky as Fla I is mired in the bottom of the conference. Kentucky has 9 points with Fla I and us to play. So if we both beat Fla I, the game with Kentucky will be for the playoff spot.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: SMU UCF Tie 3-3 Men's Soccer

Postby smusoccer » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:41 am

I'm not going to hold my breath...
"Whatever it takes"
smusoccer
Recruit

Postby mustangbill67 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:32 pm

This team is so inconsistent you never know what it will do no matter the competition. I am sure we will find a way to play ourselves out of the playoff spot.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mustangbill67 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:48 pm

Kentucky won today 2-0 over Florida I. That puts it in 4 th place with only a game against SMU to go on Wednesday night in Kentucky. SMU is in 5th place 5 points behind Kentucky but with a game in hand against Florida I. So if we beat Kentucky on Wednesday and Florida I at home next weekend, we will finish 4th and qualify for the Conf. USA post season tournament. This is very doable if we play at our highest level both games.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby EastStang » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:15 pm

I guess I find it mildly disturbing that we are worrying about whether we'll qualify for the Conference tournament. Not good on so many levels. Guys, git er done.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Other Sports