PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OK, What did I miss?

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

OK, What did I miss?

Postby August » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:44 pm

So yet another soccer thread gets deleted and last I looked, it was a benign conversation about new recruits. Can someone please fill me in?

The censorship of soccer threads is really quite curious when on the FB and BB forums, posters are allowed to ponder Dump Doh and, previously, Fire Phil Bennet topics ad nauseum. What gives?
August
Junior Varsity

Re: OK, What did I miss?

Postby mustangbill67 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:02 pm

Redponysmother posted in response to Redpony, I posted in response to that post and that is the last I saw of the thread. Do not know what if anything came afterwards or what the mods believed warrented pulling a soccer recruiting thread. It is really sad in veiw of the small amount of soccer news we get on this board anyway.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mustangbill67 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:12 pm

I also do not understand why if the mods believe a post is objectable, they just do not delete the posts rather than the entire thread. You could have a long thread filled with worthwhile factual info and it is all gone based on one mod determined objectable post. As here ,my posts contained soccer info that some may be interested in and which, may not be otherwise known by SMU soccer fans. But now, unless I repost it, it is gone.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby August » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:28 pm

mustangbill67 wrote:I also do not understand why if the mods believe a post is objectable, they just do not delete the posts rather than the entire thread.

I agree. I've never seen another board or forum where, if one poster uses profanity or inappropriate comments, the entire board suffers by having the thread pulled. As MB67 says, that's a lot of good info lost.
Don't confuse me with the facts; I've made up my mind.
August
Junior Varsity

Postby redpony » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:28 pm

I suspect that 'redponysmother' posted something quite insulting or profane in response to my post (which was after your post-mustangbill). Don't know since he is marked as a foe and I do not see his posts. Most people have enough class not to insult a persons family. In addition, I suspect that some of these posters are not even SMU alums or students but 'pimps' for the coaches.
It totally escapes me how alums and supporters of a program can accept inept coaches and losing programs with no future. I guess losers love losers.

GO PONIES!!!
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Hilltopper » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:24 pm

Last I saw, the thread had swirled into a volley of insults — I don't remember, but I don't think either of you were still involved. Insults stretched out on to a fifth page. There had been nothing even remotely soccer-related in several pages. In this case, I don't blame the mods for nuking the thread. Nobody seemed interested in talking about the teams anymore, just insulting each other.
Hilltopper
All-American

Postby Oldkeeper » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:29 pm

I can understand if things get out of hand but there were posts over the last two years pulled on the soccer situation that were no worse than anything said about football prior to Jones coming in....I did not think this was a university run board but it would appear the athletic dept. has a great deal of influence. :roll:
I know my rights, man.
Oldkeeper
Scout Team

Postby EastStang » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:47 pm

I confess egging somebody on, but nothing profane.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby mustangbill67 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:49 pm

Away from my PC for SMU basketball and miss all the fun.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mustangbill67 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:50 pm

wonder if we will ever hear from redponysmother again :mrgreen:
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby redpony » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:39 am

probably best if we don't. :)

GO PONIES!!!
redpony

Postby ponytony » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:25 am

From what I remember, redpony was trying to win friends and influence people. redpony's mother would have none of it and called him an [expletive deleted]. Then redpony went off on a bizarre rant that included several perverted insinuations. Then he put her on his foes list which is something we all live in fear of. Then someone (EastStang maybe?) made a reference to how the thread made a good case for birth control. Then redpony's mother chastised her son for putting his own mother on his foes list and called him a sorry sack of [expletive deleted]. Then everything went black.
ponytony
Recruit

Postby redpony » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:40 pm

Ponytony- thanks for the recap. Guess my 'foes list' blanked out all of the excitement (?) for me. :lol: I prefer posts that are informative and even somewhat argumentive but not personally insulting. However, when attacked I do have a tendency to aggressively fight back.

GO PONIES!!!
redpony

Return to Other Sports