PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Men's soccer loses 4-0

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Men's soccer loses 4-0

Postby soccermom » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:49 pm

I don't think any SMU fan, especially a soccer fan, wants our program going downhill and I have posted this exact fear I have had back in the fall----especially concerning the women's program. But....when I read your original post it didn't come across as a Mustang fan upset about the direction our program seems to be going, but rather someone who wanted to post this "shame" and almost had joy in sharing the information. If you are such a strong supporter of the program, I would think you would be sending your concerns to SO as often as you can (not saying that it would help, but it's worth a try).
soccermom
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Treadway21 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:01 am

Red - Any pro teams "scrubs" should be better than any college team. They are getting payed to play, are older and more experienced. Nobody is happy with the direction of the team, but the team being beaten in spring ball by a pro team doesn't mean a whole lot. Additionally, calling other posters names does not do much to bolster your argument. It makes you look childish.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby redponysmother » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:05 am

soccermom wrote:redpony, if you are such a strong supporter of the program...

He's not. He's just an [deleted].
redponysmother

Postby redpony » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:17 am

Treadway21 wrote:Red - Any pro teams "scrubs" should be better than any college team. Additionally, calling other posters names does not do much to bolster your argument.

T-21- I would respectfully disagree with your comment about the scrubs. I believe that many of the top 5 college teams in the U.S. could be very competitive with the 'scrubs' if not beat them. The 'B' teams are usually composed of players trying to make a pro team or slightly advanced developmental players. From past experience, the skill sets are not that much different but the tactics and conditioning are.

Name calling? - do not recall calling any poster in this forum names.

GO PONIES!!!
redpony

Postby newmustangfan » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:25 am

You don't know what the f you're taking about. You've proven that you'll grasp at anything in your desire to degrade the coach.
newmustangfan
Scout Team

Postby redpony » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:10 pm

newmustangfan wrote: You've proven that you'll grasp at anything in your desire to degrade the coach.

And just where exactly on these posts did I degrade the coach? Actually, I don't need to degrade him as his performance, w-l record, and the fact that he has trashed a consistently top 15 national program are sufficiently degrading without additional comments.

GO PONIES!!!
redpony

Postby Treadway21 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:04 pm

The 'B' teams are usually composed of players trying to make a pro team or slightly advanced developmental players.

Where do those players come from? They come mostly from the best players from the college ranks and are the cream of the crop from the whole country. Additionally, even developmental or "scrub" players are still older and more experienced though there is individual college players that might be better. You need to provide a better argument; I am unpersuaded by your rebuttal.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Previous

Return to Other Sports