PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Come Support Women's Tennis Today (3/12)

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Come Support Women's Tennis Today (3/12)

Postby ER9TC4 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:36 am

The No. 33 SMU Women's Tennis team (13-2), fresh off its 5-2 whipping of No. 56 Texas A&M, plays host to two non-conference foes begnning at Noon today at the Turpin Tennis Center. First up is the Big Ten's Penn State at Noon, followed by Abeline Christian at 6 p.m.

I know the noon first serve may be hard to get to, but plese try and make it out later this afternoon or for "tennis under the lights" against ACU.

I know the coach has been on here before telling you she needs a fun atmostphere and I wanted to re-iterate that. The team is playing great and would love your support. Below is a refresher from the coach for those of you who are not familiar with college tennis behavior.

Hope to see some of you out there today. Go Mustangs!

I have a VERY feisty/aggressive squad who makes a lot of noise and likes to have people cheer loud for them. If you are not aware of the proper etiquette for cheering at tennis matches let me inform you that loud screams, taunting, beating on bleachers seats, bull horns, cow bells and overall obnoxious behavior is all acceptable and appreciated for our matches.

Even if you are not a tennis fan I ask that you give it a chance and see that it is not as proper/quiet/boring as you might think.... please come out and support a VERY GOOD SMU TEAM!!!

Coach Lauren
ER9TC4
Junior Varsity

Re: Come Support Women's Tennis Today (3/12)

Postby ER9TC4 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:29 pm

Update...they smoked Penn State 7-0 this afternoon. Per coach's Twitter....

@SMUTennis: SMU downs Penn State 7-0, Katerina Vankova wins 6-4, 6-3 at the #2 singles position...

I'll have an evening match update on here after the match. I'm headed to Turpin right now. Hope to see some of you there.

Go Mustangs!
ER9TC4
Junior Varsity

Re: Come Support Women's Tennis Today (3/12)

Postby Kiper » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:42 am

How'd we do against ACU?
Keep it up, Ponies!
Kiper
Junior Varsity

Return to Other Sports