PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Redpony - for tonight

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Redpony - for tonight

Postby Treadway21 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:26 pm

Redpony,

A friendly suggestion for tonight's game; wait for the game to end before bagging on the coach. :wink:
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Redpony - for tonight

Postby redpony » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:35 pm

Let's hope they are prepared and ready to play. I think you will admit they weren't ready to play the last game and played very poorly. This game means a lot to the program and with our talent we should be able to move on. IIRC I said at the beginning of the season that we should do no worse than final sixteen and probably should get to the quarterfinals. I wish this team the best and obviously hope they win and can move on.

GO PONIES!!!
redpony

Postby indianmustang » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:12 pm

so far akron,north carolina and michigan made it next round
Mustang from India
indianmustang

Postby mustangbill67 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:58 pm

add smu to that list
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby b_caesar » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:27 am

mustangbill67 wrote:add smu to that list

Against UNC, no less...
Don't worry. Be Happy. Or not.
b_caesar
Heisman

Postby BleedingRed+Blue » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:35 am

redpony wrote:Let's hope they are prepared and ready to play. I think you will admit they weren't ready to play the last game and played very poorly. This game means a lot to the program and with our talent we should be able to move on. IIRC I said at the beginning of the season that we should do no worse than final sixteen and probably should get to the quarterfinals. I wish this team the best and obviously hope they win and can move on.

GO PONIES!!!

Really? Is that what you saw from Peru?

They didn't play badly last week at all. They played a very good team that was bigger and more athletic than we are, and better than William & Mary, too. We didn't play great last week, but there's a reason for that — we played a good team that played well. Just because another team makes plays doesn't mean the opposing team doesn't, and that's exactly what took place last week.

What are you going to do next week when we're underdogs and already have reached your goals (final 16/8)? Blame McClements for the weather? We're supposed to lose next week. UNC is seeded higher than we are, and we're playing on their field. Woe is me! (Woe is us?)

This has been a fantastic team to watch this year. Will we beat the damned Heels? Don't know. On paper, we shouldn't — they're the No. 1 seed in this bracket, not us, and they have the home-field advantage. For once, stop acting like you're expecting (read "hoping") that they fall short. The "go Ponies" act has long since worn thin. Be supportive. Coach McClements and his staff have done an unbelievable job with this team, and I'm glad they are our coaches.

Go PONIES — kick the Heels.
BleedingRed+Blue
All-American

Return to Other Sports